Ottawa MPP Living A Fantasy

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
West-end MPP Jack MacLaren has decorated his website with testimonials from people he appears to have made up.

Suren from Kanata thanks MacLaren for “the commitment and dedication on your part with the communities,” whatever that means. According to the person who photographed her, the picture was taken in 2013 in San Francisco. It’s been used elsewhere on web pages selling beauty products to women of colour.

What about Darren from Mississippi Mills? “Thanks for everything you did to help me resolve my problem with the Ministry of Transportation,” he says to MacLaren. Darren bears a perfect resemblance to Sam Muirhead, a New Zealand-born software developer and advocate of open-source and free culture who lives in Berlin.

Kaydee from Richmond tells MacLaren: “You’re amazing! I hope you’re having a great summer- you sure are busy! All the best.”

The photo next to Kaydee’s testimonial is of Mabel Pantaleon, a nurse-turned-actress born and raised in New York City. Her biggest success was a bit part on Dexter a few years ago; she’s more recently struggled with bipolar disorder. She keeps a blog. It’s pretty disjointed, unfortunately, but doesn’t mention moving to Canada.

And then there’s “Robert & Karen” from Constance Bay. “Many thanks for all the help!” they say, without specifying what the help was. If Robert and Karen live in Constance Bay now, they sent MacLaren a very old photo to go with their testimonial. It was taken in 2009 and the photographer who posted it first said it was of a couple in Manchester.

Reevely: MPP Jack MacLaren touts praise from phantom constituents | Ottawa Citizen

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

West-end MPP Jack MacLaren has decorated his website with testimonials from people he appears to have made up.

Must have learned that old trick out in the Private Sector. Ever read an internet product review?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

Must have learned that old trick out in the Private Sector. Ever read an internet product review?

Actually I never read reviews, BUT I came upon one the other day that was tied to a product, most likely a guitar as I was doing some home work on a 60's model I have for parts, and right below the picture was about a dozen comments. What caught my attention is one, and only one of the comments was proudly noted by the company as a 'verified user'.

I'm guessing the rest were employees but it did make me laugh....

And I think Brown would be best to ditch this loose cannon........

Patrick Brown demotes MPP Jack MacLaren

Patrick Brown demotes MPP Jack MacLaren from symbolic post | Toronto Star

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Wynnes likely to Wynne again with CON morons like this............

Ontario PC leader Patrick Brown has booted Carleton-Mississippi Mills MPP Jack MacLaren from caucus over alleged comments he made about French-language rights in Ontario and misleading voters in an undated video that has surfaced online.

"Once again, Jack MacLaren has been caught making comments that are unacceptable. This video is the final straw," Brown said in a written statement Sunday morning.

"I have expelled Jack MacLaren from the PC caucus. The expulsion is indefinite. He will not be a PC candidate in the next provincial election."

In a video obtained by Ottawa radio station 580 CFRA, MacLaren appears to be speaking to a crowd of people when a man raises the issue of French-language rights and anglophones losing job opportunities in eastern Ontario.

"You don't have to convince me what's wrong with French-language and English in Ontario," MacLaren can be heard saying in the 23-minute video.

"You're right. But you won't hear it because we're trying to get elected."

MacLaren, first elected in 2011, then goes on to say, "We have lots of things that we're going to do but we won't say before the election because we won't get elected.

"You'll get my vote if you say it," the man responds.

MacLaren replies: "Well, then I'm afraid I won't get your vote."

The video illustrates a "pattern" with MacLaren, Brown said in his statement on Sunday.

"Each time Jack MacLaren is caught making disparaging or insensitive remarks about others he asks for forgiveness and a second chance. And a third chance. And a fourth. And each and every time, he has disappointed those who have put their trust in him."

Wynne's remarks came after MacLaren was at a "men's night" fundraiser in his riding of Carleton-Mississippi Mills in March when he told a sexual joke about Liberal MP Karen McCrimmon and her husband. Following that incident, he participated in sensitivity training.

Ottawa-area MPP Jack MacLaren expelled from PC caucus - Ottawa - CBC News

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Well well. We have another CON living a fantasy.........

Toronto police officers are questioning the extent of the volunteer work that the PC candidate for Scarborough Centre says she did with the force, CBC Toronto has learned.

On official documents submitted to the Ontario PC Party, obtained by CBC Toronto, candidate Thenusha Parani said she has been a volunteer with Toronto Police 41 Division since 2012 and that she works closely with the division's Community Police Liaison Committee as an advisor.

Insp. James Mackrell, the second-in-command of 41 Division, said there is no record of Parani doing any such volunteer work with the station or the liaison committee.

CBC Toronto spoke to Parani on Wednesday and requested an interview about her volunteer experience. She said she would check her schedule and call back, but did not. Instead, she responded to questions by email.

more

Toronto police dispute PC candidate's claim of volunteer work with force - Toronto - CBC News

Announcing Thenusha's Parani's selection as the Progressive Conservative candidate in Scarborough Centre, PC leader Patrick Brown said in a statement: "Thenusha has an incredible track-record of giving back to her community as a volunteer. (Paul Smith/CBC)

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Suren from Kanata thanks MacLaren for “the commitment and dedication on your part with the communities,” whatever that means. According to the person who photographed her, the picture was taken in 2013 in San Francisco. It’s been used elsewhere on web pages selling beauty products to women of colour.

What about Darren from Mississippi Mills? “Thanks for everything you did to help me resolve my problem with the Ministry of Transportation,” he says to MacLaren. Darren bears a perfect resemblance to Sam Muirhead, a New Zealand-born software developer and advocate of open-source and free culture who lives in Berlin.

Kaydee from Richmond tells MacLaren: “You’re amazing! I hope you’re having a great summer- you sure are busy! All the best.”

The photo next to Kaydee’s testimonial is of Mabel Pantaleon, a nurse-turned-actress born and raised in New York City. Her biggest success was a bit part on Dexter a few years ago; she’s more recently struggled with bipolar disorder. She keeps a blog. It’s pretty disjointed, unfortunately, but doesn’t mention moving to Canada.

And then there’s “Robert & Karen” from Constance Bay. “Many thanks for all the help!” they say, without specifying what the help was. If Robert and Karen live in Constance Bay now, they sent MacLaren a very old photo to go with their testimonial. It was taken in 2009 and the photographer who posted it first said it was of a couple in Manchester.

Reevely: MPP Jack MacLaren touts praise from phantom constituents | Ottawa Citizen

He does all that between posts on here. I AM impressed!