Wynne rejects Patrick Brown’s request for quick byelection

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Premier Kathleen Wynne rejected a request from Brown on Thursday for an immediate byelection in Simcoe North, where veteran Tory MPP Garfield Dunlop announced he would step aside Aug. 1 so the new PC leader could run for a seat.

Wynne insisted she was “keen to let Brown have his shot” at winning a seat in the legislature, but said she would wait until after the Oct. 19 federal election before calling the provincial byelection.

“The fact is, now, we don’t know exactly when the federal government is going to drop the writ or is going to call the federal election,” she said. “We know when it’s going to be, but we don’t know how long the writ period will be.”

Brown waited too long to find that riding, Wynne suggested Thursday.

“When he went through the leadership process, and I said right away I’m not going to stand in the way of a byelection, I didn’t think he would be waiting three months to decide that he wanted to come in to the house,” she said.

more

Kathleen Wynne rejects Patrick Brown’s request for quick byelection | Metro

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
I can see both points of view on this one. Still, I don't think it'd be that big of a deal if this happened before the federal election. The provincial legislature isnt currently sitting either so at the same time it wouldnt make much of a difference if Brown got a seat now or in three months.

Vote the Trillium Party of Ontario!!!

If I wanted to throw my vote away on a tiny party provincially I'd back Northern Heritage - except they dont run down here.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
If I wanted to throw my vote away on a tiny party provincially I'd back Northern Heritage - except they dont run down here.

Well first off not sure if there is. Trillium Party, just pulled that one out of the air to match the Wild Rose Party of Alberta.

Secondly if you like tossing your tax money away keep voting Liberals or NDP in Ontario..

I love the Solar plants they have across Ontario. They buy the power from the farmer at 10 times the price that they sell it for. Some panels are not even working and the province is still paying to lease the land.. The Ontario tax payer is subsidizing the farmers or as I like to call vote buying.

Now let's move onto exporting jobs with one of the heighest corporate taxes in Canada and even with a low Canadain dollar the manufacturing isn't coming back any time soon..

Lastly, WTF is with 100km on the 401??? Should be at least 110km, and some back roads boosted to 100km.

They are trying to follow Califonia's lead and are slinking the provinces future while stringing along the tax payer.

Whynn needs to pull her head out from between her GF's legs and start leading the Province, like a leader.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com