Playoff scoring picture

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Ryan Kesler, and just seven other players have more than a point a game.

Last edited:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I notice 'patrice bergeron' for boston has 12 points, but he also now has a concussion, which will
make quite a difference to boston's overall performance, he is their #2 centerman, a top face off
man, a top player.

this layoff for the eastern teams is definitely good for boston, as he might be back in a week or
so.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I notice 'patrice bergeron' for boston has 12 points, but he also now has a concussion, which will
make quite a difference to boston's overall performance, he is their #2 centerman, a top face off
man, a top player.

this layoff for the eastern teams is definitely good for boston, as he might be back in a week or
so.

Knowing the importance of Bergeron to the Bruins, I am hesitant to say this talloola but with all the recent news about long-term affects of concussions, I really wonder if he should be playing so soon after suffering one? This is not the first he has had either and there are many studies out now about the cumulative affects of multiple concussions.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Knowing the importance of Bergeron to the Bruins, I am hesitant to say this talloola but with all the recent news about long-term affects of concussions, I really wonder if he should be playing so soon after suffering one? This is not the first he has had either and there are many studies out now about the cumulative affects of multiple concussions.

yes, I fully agree. They said he was feeling much better fairly soon after the incident, so, if
that continues, he'll be out there. There is still that hidden factor, 'the player saying he is
100%' when he really isn't, because even after all the tests are passed, it is how the player
actually feels that is the deciding factor, and they 'just' want to play, especially in playoffs.

It is a uncertain area, and I know many football players who are retired, are still have lots of
trouble from concussions long ago.

I listened to the interview with (forgot his name) the other day, who has recently donated his brain
for research when he dies, (well, I hope it is after he dies lol), sorry, not funny.

As time goes on more and more info will come out re: concussions, but that final decision by the player
will always be there, and only he can 'really' totally protect himself with wise decisions concerning
healing.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
yes, I fully agree. They said he was feeling much better fairly soon after the incident, so, if
that continues, he'll be out there. There is still that hidden factor, 'the player saying he is
100%' when he really isn't, because even after all the tests are passed, it is how the player
actually feels that is the deciding factor, and they 'just' want to play, especially in playoffs.

It is a uncertain area, and I know many football players who are retired, are still have lots of
trouble from concussions long ago.

I listened to the interview with (forgot his name) the other day, who has recently donated his brain
for research when he dies, (well, I hope it is after he dies lol), sorry, not funny.

As time goes on more and more info will come out re: concussions, but that final decision by the player
will always be there, and only he can 'really' totally protect himself with wise decisions concerning
healing.
Anyone notice that 3 out of the top six scorers are Canucks?
Player Stats - 2010-2011 - Playoffs - Summary - Total Points - NHL.com - Statshttp://forums.canadiancontent.net/P...fs - Summary - Total Points - NHL.com - Stats

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island

nice to see those stats, and also to see the sedins showing everyone just how good they are, as
we just didn't see that in the first two series, but nashville is so defensive and close checking
its hard for anyone to move around, and its amazing what kesler managed to do against them, he
caught them by surprise, and blew their socks off.

GO CANUCKS GO

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
nice to see those stats, and also to see the sedins showing everyone just how good they are, as
we just didn't see that in the first two series, but nashville is so defensive and close checking
its hard for anyone to move around, and its amazing what kesler managed to do against them, he
caught them by surprise, and blew their socks off.

GO CANUCKS GO

What I like about the Canuck team is that they seem to have players who are able to get the job done no matter who they are playing. If one or two guys on the team are unable to contribute someone else always steps up their play and makes a difference. Who would have thought that Sammie Salo would score two goals last night - but he was there and got the job done. I have to laugh at people who whine and complain about players only to see those self-same guys really make a difference in the next game or the next series. Ballard and Tanev replacing Erhoff and Rome - they didn't shine per say but they did what they had to do and helped the team to the win.

This is why I think the Canucks are such an outstanding team - no matter what you throw at them they adjust and come right back at you.

GO, CANUCKS, GO!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
What I like about the Canuck team is that they seem to have players who are able to get the job done no matter who they are playing. If one or two guys on the team are unable to contribute someone else always steps up their play and makes a difference. Who would have thought that Sammie Salo would score two goals last night - but he was there and got the job done. I have to laugh at people who whine and complain about players only to see those self-same guys really make a difference in the next game or the next series. Ballard and Tanev replacing Erhoff and Rome - they didn't shine per say but they did what they had to do and helped the team to the win.

This is why I think the Canucks are such an outstanding team - no matter what you throw at them they adjust and come right back at you.

GO, CANUCKS, GO!
After the first period yesterday, I was starting to think the Canucks were getting used to
playing a man short. While they were a man short they still got the odd chance on San Jose's net.

Anothrer surprising stat was that Vancouver was out-shot something like 13 to 35 over the entire
game.......That means they got 4 goals from 13 shots.......not bad...:roll::smile:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
After the first period yesterday, I was starting to think the Canucks were getting used to
playing a man short. While they were a man short they still got the odd chance on San Jose's net.

Anothrer surprising stat was that Vancouver was out-shot something like 13 to 35 over the entire
game.......That means they got 4 goals from 13 shots.......not bad...:roll::smile:

Yep, Auntie had better wear Depends tomorrow! They'll be blasting him.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

You got it! The hosts on Hockey2Night were chatting about this and their opinion - not that it matters :lol: - was that the number of shots doesn't matter much if you get the goals to win the game and the Canucks sure did that.

Yep, Auntie had better wear Depends tomorrow! They'll be blasting him.

LOL! Right on, JLM.......good suggestion. I am wondering if we will see Eager back tomorrow after he sat out yesterday's game??? Haven't heard anything on the injury to Thornton either, mind you have been busy today so will have to catch the latest on sportcheck tonight. If Thornton doesn't play, it will be a big blow to SJ even though the Canucks have been able to limit his scoring chances.

Will be watching the Boston - Tampa game tonight and cheering loudly for Boston. I still want to see young Tyler Seguin get to the Cup. :lol:

Apparently, Thornton is ready to go for game 5.........just read an update in the Sun.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
i'm very excited about the future of chris tanev, a young guy, who was playing junior A less than
two years ago, was way too small, so wasn't drafted, but then he grew very fast, very late, which
turned out to be a blessing for canucks, because gillis's scouts found him playing in that
institution, (forget name), then, when playing for the moose, he immediately showed such intelligence
for the game, and such patience, and calmness under stress, and the rest now is history, and I
see him doing nothing but getting better and better over the next few years, and heavier and stronger,
and he will be a top defenceman for canucks for many years.

A great find.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Apparently, Thornton is ready to go for game 5.........just read an update in the Sun.

I am not sure how effective he'll be. I am positive that his shoulder is not 100% and you can bet that he will be the recipient of some hard, but clean, hits courtesy of the Vancouver Canucks. I don't think he'll play the entire game, but I could be wrong(it wouldn't be the first time ;) ).

I do want Vancouver to win tomorrow at home. That way they'll be rested for the Finals!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I am not sure how effective he'll be. I am positive that his shoulder is not 100% and you can bet that he will be the recipient of some hard, but clean, hits courtesy of the Vancouver Canucks. I don't think he'll play the entire game, but I could be wrong(it wouldn't be the first time ;) ).

I do want Vancouver to win tomorrow at home. That way they'll be rested for the Finals!

yeah, he'll play because of the importance of the game, its do or die for them now, and he'll have
to go on heart and desire, because the body won't really want to do what he asks it to do.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
yeah, he'll play because of the importance of the game, its do or die for them now, and he'll have
to go on heart and desire, because the body won't really want to do what he asks it to do.

The majority of NHL players would do what he is doing. The chance to win the Cup is a rare thing, so you want to be able to do whatever you can to do just that. I will admit that it looks like his old habit of disappearing in the playoffs is a thing of the past(at least for this year), but I will still never root for the Sharks(if Vancouver doesn't make it to the Finals, then I want Boston to win it all).

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The majority of NHL players would do what he is doing. The chance to win the Cup is a rare thing, so you want to be able to do whatever you can to do just that. I will admit that it looks like his old habit of disappearing in the playoffs is a thing of the past(at least for this year), but I will still never root for the Sharks(if Vancouver doesn't make it to the Finals, then I want Boston to win it all).

I don't want Boston to win anything..............that was Cherry's team! :lol: