Habs vs Flyers - 2010 Eastern Conference Final

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Thought I would start this thread for anyone who wanted to comment on this series.

Game One in Philidelphia - the City of Brotherly Love.

The talking heads on TSN have called for a Blackhawk vs Flyers final. It would be so sweet to see them proved wrong, most especially in the case of the Habs.

Oh, oh the Flyers just scored the first goal with about 16 seconds left in the first period. It came during a power play for the Flyers.

GO, CANADIENS, GO! :canada:

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Thought I would start this thread for anyone who wanted to comment on this series.

Game One in Philidelphia - the City of Brotherly Love.

The talking heads on TSN have called for a Blackhawk vs Flyers final. It would be so sweet to see them proved wrong, most especially in the case of the Habs.

Oh, oh the Flyers just scored the first goal with about 16 seconds left in the first period. It came during a power play for the Flyers.

GO, CANADIENS, GO! :canada:
Nice to see you converted ;)

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Nice to see you converted ;)

Hi Bart, thought I might as well add my voice to the chorus of Canadians who are now watching the play-offs due to the stirling performance of the Montreal Canadiens.

So yes, I am definitely a convert!

GO, CANADIENS, GO. :canada:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Well the Canadiens are the last resort for Canada...

I'm not holding my breath, though, although I would like to see a Canadian team win the cup...

They are that, Risus.

The only team I hold my breath for are the Saskatchewan Roughriders. :smile:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Montreal had better decide to play sometime soon; they are terrible tonight at handling the puck.

You got that right, TenPenny. The Flyers just got another goal at the tail end of a power play and are up 3 to zip over the Habs.

Come on Habs.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
No, no, no.........the Flyers just got another goal on a power play and the Canadiens pulled Halak and put Price in for the rest of the second period.

4 - 0 for the Flyers.

COME ON HABS!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Montreal had better decide to play sometime soon; they are terrible tonight at handling the puck.

Probably a good thing - in playoff hockey the results for game one are generally contrary to the final outcome. I remember when the Canucks won the first two against Detroit and Detroit went on to sweep in 6. Don't despair. :smile:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
The Habs look slow tonight. Too many brewskies after the Pens series.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Well, I am glad the Habs got that out of their system now. I think it is safe to say that with barely two minutes left in the third, the Flyers have taken this one.

Flyers 6 - Habs 0

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
not much of a game from habs tonight. flyers looked so much
better, and did their shooting after creating a screen so
that halak coundn't see the puck, good idea?, why didn't
someone else think of that. lol lol

forwards on habs didn't look good tonight, as flyers were
all over them, as flyers have lots of grit and physical play, and talent as well, hope the rest of the series is
a little more interesting than the first game.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Well the Canadiens are the last resort for Canada...

I'm not holding my breath, though, although I would like to see a Canadian team win the cup...

Not this BS again...

The Flyers are ANOTHER team with more Canadians on the roster than the Canadiens (go check the rosters at NHL.com if you don't believe me)... why do people insist that Montreal is "the last hope" for Canada? The Cup will spend more time in the country (with the players who will travel to their homes with it rather than a couple days in Montreal) if a team like the Flyers wins it.

The Flyers looked good and they did a couple things the Caps and Pens didn't do: they played 60 minutes and they went to the net without the puck. Laviolette is a more seasoned coach than Bylsma and just better than Boudreau. Martin will have his hands full against him.

The series isn't over by a long shot but I am hoping Philly puts an end to Montreal, swiftly.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
This is why on another thread I stated the Flyers were the team I feared the most.

Many people forget that the Flyers were picked to win the cup at the begining of the year by many sports writers. Injuries, chemistry and goaltending seemed to get the best of them but they are comming together just at the right time....or wrong time as far as the Habs and Bruins go.:lol:

I suspect my Habs will get swept or beaten in 5.:-(

Oh well, the cinderella story had to end sometime.;-)

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
not much of a game from habs tonight. flyers looked so much
better, and did their shooting after creating a screen so
that halak coundn't see the puck, good idea?, why didn't
someone else think of that. lol lol

forwards on habs didn't look good tonight, as flyers were
all over them, as flyers have lots of grit and physical play, and talent as well, hope the rest of the series is
a little more interesting than the first game.

Maybe the Flyers listened to Don Cherry during the Habs game with the Pens. He talked about how Washington 'let' Halak see where the puck was and thus stop shots on the net. Pittsburgh picked up on it in game six but seemed to forget about it in game seven.

I hope the Habs were just suffering a game of bad nerves and that they will recoup and come roaring back for game two.

GO, CANADIENS, GO. :canada: