Hats off to the Habs!

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
With only 29.7 seconds left in the game, the Canadiens almost had me believing they would tie the game. That is how well they played tonight. They never gave up. Their energy level just seemed to keep rising during the game. In the third period they almost seemed to explode across the ice at times. I lost track of how many goals Fleury stopped but he truly was The Man for the Pens tonight. He was invaluable to the team as the Canadiens just kept coming and coming. They just never let up until late in the third when they finally beat Fleury.

The Penguins listened to Don Cherry and got both their goals from the point. Halak really had no chance on the second goal. He never let them have another one though. They seemed to settle down in the third and play a game of containment though at one point they had a couple of shots on goal.

Sidney was once again shut out of a goal. I was really hoping that he would get one, if only to take the enormous pressure off. The media is relentless in their detailing of how long it has been since he scored. They never fail to ask him how he feels about this lack of goals either – real class shown there boys. He had at least six shots on goal tonight but just couldn’t find the net. I think he played a better game than he has in the past two. He seemed to be much more engaged in the game tonight and handled the puck well.

But, Pens fan that I am, I still gotta give the Canadiens a high five for extra effort. Man that team has heart.

Hold your heads high, Montreal fans. You have every right to be proud of your team.

This is the way that hockey is meant to be played.

Final score: Pens 2 vs Habs 1

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
With only 29.7 seconds left in the game, the Canadiens almost had me believing they would tie the game. That is how well they played tonight. They never gave up. Their energy level just seemed to keep rising during the game. In the third period they almost seemed to explode across the ice at times. I lost track of how many goals Fleury stopped but he truly was The Man for the Pens tonight. He was invaluable to the team as the Canadiens just kept coming and coming. They just never let up until late in the third when they finally beat Fleury.

The Penguins listened to Don Cherry and got both their goals from the point. Halak really had no chance on the second goal. He never let them have another one though. They seemed to settle down in the third and play a game of containment though at one point they had a couple of shots on goal.

Sidney was once again shut out of a goal. I was really hoping that he would get one, if only to take the enormous pressure off. The media is relentless in their detailing of how long it has been since he scored. They never fail to ask him how he feels about this lack of goals either – real class shown there boys. He had at least six shots on goal tonight but just couldn’t find the net. I think he played a better game than he has in the past two. He seemed to be much more engaged in the game tonight and handled the puck well.

But, Pens fan that I am, I still gotta give the Canadiens a high five for extra effort. Man that team has heart.

Hold your heads high, Montreal fans. You have every right to be proud of your team.

This is the way that hockey is meant to be played.

Final score: Pens 2 vs Habs 1

you're right, montreal was in this game all the way, and
fleury was the difference tonight, will be interesting back
at the bell centre for next game.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Have to hand to the guys on this team....they never ever give up. They have made it this far with guts and goaltending despite the NHL and Sidney Criesby who reminds me alot of another talented whiner.

I will be at the Bell tomorrow night, no matter what, I will give this team a standing ovation.

If the Pens win I will be a Boston fan for the next two weeks.:cool:

....unless of course Philly some how wins the series.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
you're right, montreal was in this game all the way, and
fleury was the difference tonight, will be interesting back
at the bell centre for next game.

After last nights game, tallola, you couldn't pay me to miss the next one. I also have to thank you for your posts which really helped me get into hockey again and at least have a basic understanding of what is happening.

Go, Pens, Go.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Have to hand to the guys on this team....they never ever give up. They have made it this far with guts and goaltending despite the NHL and Sidney Criesby who reminds me alot of another talented whiner.

I will be at the Bell tomorrow night, no matter what, I will give this team a standing ovation.

If the Pens win I will be a Boston fan for the next two weeks.:cool:

....unless of course Philly some how wins the series.

Avro, the atmosphere in the rink is going to be beyond electric tomorrow night! Glad to know you will have a chance to cheer for your team in person. They so deserve fans like you. I am looking forward to another fantastic game no matter what happens.

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
I think the home rink advantage will lead the habs to victory tomorrow, but that will probable be their last win of the season.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Avro, the better team won. Here's to the Habs, they deserved this game. They came with just as much energy, if not more, then the last game. As Sidney mentioned in a post game interview, ' they got the momentum and went with it.'

Michael Cammalari flew across the ice. He was everywhere. He fought for the puck all night. Coaches Corner showed a wonderful tape of Michael preparing for the game. He sits alone on the bench eyes focused on the ice, his stick moving in sync with his eyes as he visualizes how he wants to score a goal. The tape continues as the game is in play and Cammalari scores the exact goal he had visualized. I hope one of the networks picks the tape up as it is well worth watching.

The entire Canadien team played to win from start to finish.

Congratulations. :canada:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I often wonder what the calgary organization thinks when
cammalleri keeps playing like the scoring machine he is.
They had him, and let him walk, we scratched our heads
at the time wondering why.

He scored goals in calgary too, not as though he has just
discovered this talent.

It seemed they would not pay him what he is worth.

Last edited:

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal
Good job Habs! They fought an incredible fight and whatever happens on wednesday, they will have shown their worth.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I often wonder what the calgary organization thinks when
cammalleri keeps playing like the scoring machine he is.
They had him, and let him walk, we scratched our heads
at the time wondering why.

He scored goals in calgary too, not as though he has just
discovered this talent.

It seemed they would not pay him what he is worth.
For once the Canadiens got a better deal. Any talented player in the league that ends up playing for Montreal; after or later . Due to trades , seem to mostly be below parr when playing for Montreal.
yay Habs.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
They are not done yet..........:smile:

Agreed.... They'll lose game 7 in Pitts and then that'll be the end of it.

And then as predicted like always, the band wagon Habs fans will riot in the streets, torch cars, buildings and burn effigies.

The trend I've always noticed with most Habs fans is that when their team is winning, they're cheering and shouting like something you never seen before, partying till the sun comes up and then keep on partying..... but if their team loses, look out, because not only will they dump all over their team and call them losers that they'd never want to have anything to do with them, but they'll destroy everything in their path and burn the city to the ground.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Then again, Habs fans riot even when they win a round.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Good job Habs! They fought an incredible fight and whatever happens on wednesday, they will have shown their worth.

Montreal made the Pens look like they were sleepwalking through the game most of their time on ice. They were everywhere at once, in everyones face, stealing the puck, intercepting the puck, fighting for the puck, making goals and penalty killing with elan. They shone while the Pens for the most part simply looked like they were going through the motions.

I was really disappointed in the Pens and can't say enough about the stirling play of the Habs.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
For once the Canadiens got a better deal. Any talented player in the league that ends up playing for Montreal; after or later . Due to trades , seem to mostly be below parr when playing for Montreal.
yay Habs.

A huge benefit to the Habs, Bart, Cammalari is a superlative player and last night he was in the zone all night long. So glad for you, Bart. Montreal deserved this win and if they keep up this level of play they will win the series.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
A huge benefit to the Habs, Bart, Cammalari is a superlative player and last night he was in the zone all night long. So glad for you, Bart. Montreal deserved this win and if they keep up this level of play they will win the series.

yes, even crosby during his interview said that montreal
got the momentum and 'went' with it.

GO HABS GO

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Avro, the better team won. Here's to the Habs, they deserved this game. They came with just as much energy, if not more, then the last game. As Sidney mentioned in a post game interview, ' they got the momentum and went with it.'

Michael Cammalari flew across the ice. He was everywhere. He fought for the puck all night. Coaches Corner showed a wonderful tape of Michael preparing for the game. He sits alone on the bench eyes focused on the ice, his stick moving in sync with his eyes as he visualizes how he wants to score a goal. The tape continues as the game is in play and Cammalari scores the exact goal he had visualized. I hope one of the networks picks the tape up as it is well worth watching.

The entire Canadien team played to win from start to finish.

Congratulations. :canada:

Here's the clip

...and Calgary let this guy go....the Sutters are idiots.:roll:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I have never in my life of having my season tickets witnessed something so amazing and loud as what happened last night. I can barley speak I was shouting so much, the most during the tv timeout after Cam tied it up.

What a ride this has been.

They are opening up the Bell for game seven to watch the game on the big HD screen they have there, if I didn't have buisness to attend to I'd be there.

GO HABS GO!

Btw, Sidney Criesby is no role model, what a whinny little suck he is.:roll: