Montreal Canadians

jambo101

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2009
Montreal
Now that they have shaken things up i sure hope they do better this year than last,i wonder how long its going to take management to figure out their goaltender (Price) is all smoke and mirrors (sucks)and from what i've seen is just not NHL caliber.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I think Price will come along and be a very good goal tender, but I do think they
shoved him out there with 'all' the responsibility far too soon, they should never
have given up huet. (I think it was huet, correct me if I'm wrong)
Price should have been able to share the goal with huet the first, and even the
second year, before he did it on his own.
But, the rumours are 'that' he is a partier, and has poor off ice dicipline, don't know
if this is true, but if it is, he better smarten up.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I think the main problem with Montreal is that they rush their goaltenders along, and do not give them time to acclimate to the pressure. Montreal fans can be a tad too merciless towards their players from time to time, and it is usually the goalies that bear the brunt of it(rightly or wrongly).

They have gotten some prolific scorers in the off-season, but I feel they are still too "small" of a team. Whether or not they can take a full season of punishment and hard hitting remains to be seen.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I heard..runour...that they don;t have a captain yet....and hat there is the possibility that he wont be Canadian and can't speak french....wonder how that wil;l play out with the Montreal fans.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I heard..runour...that they don;t have a captain yet....and hat there is the possibility that he wont be Canadian and can't speak french....wonder how that wil;l play out with the Montreal fans.

If that rumour is true, I don't think it will go over very well with the fans at all.

It is true that they don't have a captain yet(since Koivu is gone now), so as to who the new captain will be is anyone's guess.

s_lone

Council Member
Feb 16, 2005
Montreal

I may be wrong but I don't think Koivu spoke much French... and he wasn't Canadian...

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
If that rumour is true, I don't think it will go over very well with the fans at all.

It is true that they don't have a captain yet(since Koivu is gone now), so as to who the new captain will be is anyone's guess.
Now for another rumour, I heard that it was offered to Markov, but he doesn't
want it.

jambo101

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2009
Montreal
Yeah Markov turned down the opportunity to be the captain of the Montreal Canadians,kinda tells where his heart is and it certainly isnt with this team,just keep the millions rolling in and i'll play just well enough to keep a job here,
Yes no Captain at the moment but its no big deal its happened before,a captain will arise
Problem with the Canadians is not really the fans but the media when it comes to important figures in the teams hierarchy having to speak french,i hope the new coach (Jacques Martin) does well but the team really handicaps itself by insisting on a fluently bilingual coach.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
hhhhmmmm :wav:Last nights game 6 to 1 for Ottawa,Price in nets

Yeah, Montreal was definitely a no show last night, not sure how many
lower callibre players montreal had on the ice, but Ottawa had a pretty
strong team out there, although I don't remember seeing Alfredsson, only
saw about 5 minutes of the game though.

jambo101

Electoral Member
Sep 18, 2009
Montreal
Good game last night,back to back wins.Starting to look like play Halak you win play Price you lose,time for management to let Halak be number 1.

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
Little people can do big things.....Habs 3 Caps2 OT.