Crosby/Ovechkin/Malkin - Who is the Best? (Video)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Ovechkin is a wonderful showman. He does almost sleight of hand things with the puck. I don't think there is a better stick handler in the league.

Malkin is a modern hockey star. He has the size(6'-3") and the skill to be a star for years.

Crosby, when he's healthy is a threat to score where ever he is. He never seems to give up. He has scored a few goals while flat on his back.

The NHL scoring leader is going to be one of these three for at least the next few years.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
Ovechkin is a human highlight reel.

Malkin is a magician.

Crosby doesn't have the raw ability to score like those two but he has great vision, understanding of the play (almost like Gretzky did) and has shown a more of a penchant for leadership.

If I was picking for a fantasy league I would want Ovechkin or Malkin. If I was A GM in the NHL I would want Crosby.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I hard to pick a favourite between them, they are all different.

1) Ovetchkin is so strong and determined that he powers his way into scoring
positions, and has the hands to go with it, but I wonder when he is going
to come down with a serious injury, I appreciate his talents, but don't really
like watching him play.
2) Malkin for me, is the one I love to watch, his skating is effortless and so efficient,, his hands are
wonderful, and he has such a nose for the net, and makes great passes too.
3) Crosby is the best play maker, and sees the game better than the others, he
plays for everyone on his line, and makes the right pass exactly at the right
time, and can do it himself anytime. He has such strong legs, no one can push
him off the puck, he is fantastic on the boards, and is a true leader.
He is my choice.

Last edited:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Ovetchkin is a bit too full of himself, or at least comes across that way on television.

I've heard that Crosby is a bit of a whiner, but the people I've talked to from Cole Harbour say he's a really nice guy, very down to earth. His whole attitude when he was drafted by Pittsburgh impressed me - none of the crying prima donna Lindros foolishness, just a respect for the game and the league.

Watching them play against each other certainly was fun in the playoffs.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
These three players are interchangeable when it comes to the top 3 ranking.

Ovechkin-- Scary goal scoring ability, toughness and he can change the flow of a game in seconds.

Malkin-- Prototypical European finesse player, great vision anmd a equal knack for scoring and play making.

Crosby-- Amazing set up man, unrealized scoring potential, great leadership and he is strong as an ox on the ice.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Crosby is the best all around player. If I was a GM I would pick Sid the Kid. Ovechkin is the most entertaining to watch. Malkin is great when he wants to be.