You know you're an azzhole when...

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
even Don Cherry says you have no business playing in the NHL. Sean Avery, mature sage that he is, got a couple of stupid penalties last night that left even his coach shaking his head. But what I hadn't seen, until the highlights, was that at one point, when Ovechkin was down on the ice, Avery put the blade of his stick on Ovechkin's throat. Even Don Cherry said that Avery doesn't belong in the NHL, and shouldn't be allowed to play. That's bad, coming from Cherry.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I hope he gets suspended for that. I cannot stand Avery. That is one of the main reasons I do not want the Rangers to get anywhere close to the Stanley Cup.

MrRight

Nominee Member
Jun 23, 2009
Avery might be a dick, but he is making the media love him yea he is wrong for sure, but what has he done wrong that steve ott hasnt, or claude lemueix or even matthew barnaby hasnt. They all stayed and played. Weither you like it or no avery is to hockey what Roger Clemins is to Baseball.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Avery might be a dick, but he is making the media love him yea he is wrong for sure, but what has he done wrong that steve ott hasnt, or claude lemueix or even matthew barnaby hasnt. They all stayed and played. Weither you like it or no avery is to hockey what Roger Clemins is to Baseball.

Avery started to make his comments in the mainstream media and wasn't too picky about ripping non-hockey players... He's a bain on the game.

MrRight

Nominee Member
Jun 23, 2009
Im just saying if Avery had to go then Roenick, Barnaby, Ott, Burrows, and all other pests, or players who went in front of the media and ripped on the NHL (and its personnel) would have to go as well

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
even Don Cherry says you have no business playing in the NHL. Sean Avery, mature sage that he is, got a couple of stupid penalties last night that left even his coach shaking his head. But what I hadn't seen, until the highlights, was that at one point, when Ovechkin was down on the ice, Avery put the blade of his stick on Ovechkin's throat. Even Don Cherry said that Avery doesn't belong in the NHL, and shouldn't be allowed to play. That's bad, coming from Cherry.

That's a no brainer, you don't denigrate an ordinary citizen in a public forum.