1972 Summit Series poster

Kreskin
My wife came home with this poster today. She got it from a co-worker. There can't be many of these left, if any. It probably should be in the hockey hall of fame.

Cannuck
I'd either call them or hang it up, under glass, in my rumpus room...I'd have to think long and hard about which one I'd do.

lone wolf
Nice score!

Kreskin
Those are exactly what my thoughts have been too.

In Between Man
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Those are exactly what my thoughts have been too.

Nice!!! Get that baby framed for sure!

pipeham
Hi

What did you do with the poster?

By luck, I came across the negative that produced the poster

PipEHamm

Kreskin
Haven't done anything with it.

gopher
Super kool!

In Between Man
That's awesome! Frame it under glass for sure!

ontarioEd

Haven't done anything with it.

Kreskin - There are a number of those posters still around. Many have pin holes in the corners and rips as kids would tack them to the wall. One sold online a couple years ago for $75. However it was signed by 4 players (including Henderson) as well as both coaches (one is now deceased). I current have a 1972 original team canada poster that my dad saved and am in the process of trying to get the team to sign it as a gift to him. It does not have player pics though. Would you be interested in parting with yours?

Cheers, Ed

Quote: Originally Posted by pipehamView Post

Hi

What did you do with the poster?

By luck, I came across the negative that produced the poster

PipEHamm

PipEHamm - Have you considered selling the negative? It would be a cool unique piece in my memorbelia collection. Also, have you taken it to a print shop and tried to make a poster?

Cheers, Ed

TenPenny
There's one framed in the lobby of one of our local rinks, I'll be seeing it tonight, as a matter of fact.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by ontarioEdView Post

Kreskin - There are a number of those posters still around. Many have pin holes in the corners and rips as kids would tack them to the wall. One sold online a couple years ago for $75. However it was signed by 4 players (including Henderson) as well as both coaches (one is now deceased). I current have a 1972 original team canada poster that my dad saved and am in the process of trying to get the team to sign it as a gift to him. It does not have player pics though. Would you be interested in parting with yours?

Cheers, Ed

Not really worth selling for a few bucks. I have a room with some other sports memorabilia so it becomes a good fit with the other stuff.

redapp

My wife came home with this poster today. She got it from a co-worker. There can't be many of these left, if any. It probably should be in the hockey hall of fame.

Kreskin (external - login to view), I have the same poster your wife brought home but mine copy of "The Summit Series of 1972 Team Canada vs Russia Series" is autographed, including coaches, in pristine condition. (initially I thought it was a lithograph). When I was younger my hobby was to stand in line with friends to get our favourite player’s autographs. I was wondering if you or someone you know could help me determine the value of this one in particular

petros
I know a guy in Moscow that will buy that for HUGE bucks.

Kreskin
redapp, I have no idea what that would be worth. Sounds like quite a collectible no matter what it has for monetary value.

Alin
I also happen to have that poster and it's signed by all players and coaches. It was was given to me by JP Parise after the Toronto game as a gift when I was 13. the poster has small pin holes in the corners from tacks to put it in my room not realizing that some day it may be worth something. It is still in really good condition. How can I get it evaluated?

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by AlinView Post

. How can I get it evaluated?

Sports memorabilia shop.

Or...

1972 TEAM CANADA vs USSR Russia Autographed Poster Paul HENDERSON DRYDEN SAVARD | eBay (external - login to view)

spaminator
Quote: Originally Posted by In Between ManView Post

That's awesome! Frame it under glass for sure!

you should laminate it first.

where did these newbs come from?

Locutus
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminatorView Post

you should laminate it first.

where did these newbs come from?

Somebody googling info on their own poster and finding a CC thread in the results man.

1972 Summit Series posters

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#h...w=1024&bih=616 (external - login to view)

spaminator
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Somebody googling info on their own poster and finding a CC thread in the results man.

1972 Summit Series posters

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#h...w=1024&bih=616 (external - login to view)

I hadn't thought of that. I was under the impression that in order to have an account here you have to be committed to being a board member here. registering an account just to buy something doesn't sound like a commitment.

#juan
I don't have any posters but I watched that series with as much intensity as anyone.
I don't know how Parise didn't get a dozen game suspension for threatening the referee.
The team didn't win by much but bragging rights came with winning that last game in Russia.
The series was obviously more than just hockey.