Hockey pools

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Any poolies here?

Any interesting ways to set up pools?

I like draft pools best and I like to keep them simple. 2 points for a goal, 1 for an assist and the bottom player or two don't count. With a pool like this, the cream will generally rise to the top and an injury to a key player won't necessarily kill you.

My best pool team this year is

Player Pts
Lecavalier 68
Vanek 77
Boyes 61
Parise 87
Selanne 45
Toews 55
Elias 78
Hejduk 57
D Brown 58
Osullivan 38
Sturm 20
Vermette 24
Svatos 35
Frolov 55

There are 9 guys in this pool. Sturm is done for the year and Toews is a bit of a disappointment as is Vermette (hell, the whole Ottawa team has been a bust) but it is a fist place pool team so far.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I play the Hockey Night in Canada fantasy pool, pick new team each week, if I
remember, don't take it very seriously, just like picking my teams, to see how
I do, first half just ended, some guy won a KIA vehicle, now we're onto the second
half.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
With the pool I am in right now I am in second place with 756 points(2 points for a goal, 1 point for an assist, 1 point for a goalie win, and 1 point for a shutout).

The players I have currently(we are allowed three trades, and I have used two of them due to injury/poor play) are:

1. Malkin
2. Crosby
3. Ovechkin
4. Kovalchuk
5. St. Louis
6. Iginla
7. Campbell(Chicago)
8. Phaneuf
9. Lidstrom
10. Kaberle(but I am probably going to use my last trade to get Mike Green(Washington)
11. Nabokov
12. Luongo

And we also have a Mystery Pick(one who wasn't on the list of players we could choose from at the beginning of the pool. I chose Alexander Semin(Washington).

If I win I'll get $45, second place is $20, and third is $10. It cost $5 to get in, and there are 15 people playing. It is a work pool.