Avery's sloppy seconds

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Anyone following this saga? On camera, he was referring to his ex who is dating a Calgary Flame. Now he's suspended indefinitely for his comments.

Any opinions on this?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
I think his time in Dallas is done. His teammates refuse to talk to him, and when his representative attempted to reach them so they could set up a press conference for Avery to apologize at, they refused to even talk to him. The Dallas organization is pissed off at him, and they will probably add another suspension to whatever the NHL gives him.

And he deserves it. His antics have worn thin a long time ago. When he was waving his hands in front of Brodeur in the playoffs last year, the NHL had to create a new rule just for this doorknob. When it came to the handshakes at the end of the series, Brodeur refused to shake Avery's hand. And then Avery tried to make Brodeur out to be the bad guy. I would not have shaken Avery's hand if I was brodeur either.

The main reason he was suspended however, is so that Avery could remain in one piece. You don't think that Iginla or Phaneuf wouldn't have creamed him all over the rink? Avery is a doofus, and it is a shame that he is Canadian.

Francis2004

Subjective Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Lower Mainland, BC
Anyone following this saga? On camera, he was referring to his ex who is dating a Calgary Flame. Now he's suspended indefinitely for his comments.

Any opinions on this?

Yup, the only one who had sloppy seconds was Elisha Cuthbert when she was with Avery.. The guy has no class.. Sorry..

Inteligento

Feb 13, 2008
Ontario
I wonder if they were sloppy seconds they definitely seem to be hockey player groupies. it certainly begs the question : How many women pick their boyfriends by occupation?

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
It may also just be for convenience. With both of them spending a lot of time with their respective occupations, it's not like they would be together all that often.