The Sedin twins in Vancouver, what do you think?

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
I think the Sedin twins, Hendrik and Daniel are good hockey players but not great. They want to double their salaries to $7 million a year each. Yet the Canucks have won no playoff rounds in five years, the twins do not score big goals, they are not tough, and they are not leaders.

I say give the twins $1 million more per year, if they reject that offer, trade them. Get something for them, the Canucks foolishly got nothing when Naslund left.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I think the Sedin twins, Hendrik and Daniel are good hockey players but not great. They want to double their salaries to $7 million a year each. Yet the Canucks have won no playoff rounds in five years, the twins do not score big goals, they are not tough, and they are not leaders.

I say give the twins $1 million more per year, if they reject that offer, trade them. Get something for them, the Canucks foolishly got nothing when Naslund left.

I like them too, but would not pay 7 mil per, a year. Yes they should be traded, if that is the
final amount they will accept, but it might not be, it might be a starting point, and after
some negotiation, perhaps there is a middle ground that will be acceptable to both parties.

The reason Naslund wasn't traded, is that, they were trying so hard to make something
happen in that season, and of course we all know how that season ended, hind sight is
easy, so when the season ended it was too late, he became a free agent, and there is
nothing canucks can do about that.
They would have had to trade him before the trade deadline, or even earlier, but Naslund
continued to be a point getter, even though, he wasn't the player he used to be, and we
had trouble scoring, so I guess they didn't want to let him go, and I think Nonis wanted to
sign him again.
I notice the Sedins have been playing better recently, tougher and are grinding and playing
more physical around the net, I know they want to stay in Vancouver, so perhaps they are
really digging now, so they can get a new contract, and if they continue playing like they
have been in last three games, I would want to sign them too. Maybe 5 mil per year.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Right now, the Sedin twins are Vancouver's top scorers. In the last three games, Vancouver has won by shutouts, which says a lot about our goaltender but the Sedins figured in just about all the scoring by Vancouver. The Canucks would sorely hate to lose their top scorers but if they were traded, who could we get for them? The Sedins are more than just two players. They communicate superbly with each other and the result is magic to watch. Any player who plays with the Sedins becomes a better player. On the player market, the Sedins would be gone in minutes.