How about them Canucks!

#juan
The Canucks pulled off a nice 3 - 1 win over the Red Wings. The new goaltenter did a good job.

Any comments?

MikeyDB
Nice photo...

bluewaters101
yeah great game. ..although i have to admit i didn't expect that. I was also completely dissapointed the Senators lost so badly.

EastSideScotian
Quote: Originally Posted by bluewaters101View Post

yeah great game. ..although i have to admit i didn't expect that. I was also completely dissapointed the Senators lost so badly.

Tell me about it. Toronto ssssssucks.

Iam a Calgary Fan and a Ottawa fan. Bothof them didnt play so hot.

Kreskin
I only saw the 3rd period of the 'Nucks game. They were in fullscale trap mode. I think they'll be going the route of trying to win ugly this season. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

#juan
Do they have enough talent to do anything else. I'll have to wait untill I see a game or two. I didn't see this game but Detroit should have been a tough team.

Kreskin
Detroit will have to practise playing in a closet for the next game. The Canucks were 1 man in 2 men at the red line and the three would converge on the puck carrier before centre. If they didn't show Vignault on the bench I would have sworn Jacques Lemaire was behind it. Perhaps the first two periods were different and this was just to hold off for a win.

#juan
Good old Lamaire and his stinking neutral zone trap. It can be used effectively, but it makes for a bloody boring hockey game IMO

Toro
I watched part of the game last night.

Hasek stunk. I was surprised there were so many empty seats at the stadium.

And I agree with Juan. The neutral zone trap is the worst f****** thing that ever happened to hockey. The NHL was so terrible and boring, I stopped watching it for almost a decade.

#juan
It appears we have at leat 7 hockey fans on the forum. There may be a few more. Let's hope

Kreskin
How can you have a Canadian forum and not talk hockey. It's sacreligious. (sp?)

JonB2004
I like watching hockey. Don't know who alot of the players are. I mostly like watching the playoffs.

I don't know how the Canucks will do this year. They didn't go great last year. I'm happy though as long as a Canadian team wins the Stanley Cup.

Kreskin
2-0. Could be an unbeaten season.

#juan
Should we start planning for an appropriate spot in GM Place to show off the Stanley Cup, or should we wait a while... If they gto unbeaten on this road trip, they could be contenders

Toro
Bert had 4 points in Florida last night.

EastSideScotian
Calgary has the best team for the Job In my Opinion, Great defense and they have some of the most versitle players in the game. They just need to get going and they will be Unstopable. Ottawa, is going to play alright, barely make the play-offs, and **** up like normal.

I say Calgary for the cup.

What do you guys think about the Pens getting sold, their is a rumor they will go to Hamilton....

Hamilton sucks, I say bring them over here tot he east where crosbys from...way more ticket interest.

#juan
If I was moving the Pens, my choice would likely be Winnipeg. Their problem last time was that they needed a bigger arena. With a 18 - 20,000 seat stadium Winnipeg could support an NHL team. I don't know about the Maritimes. What city would you pick? Could Halifax support a team?

Kreskin
The Canucks may have issue with it but I think Seattle would be a good place for the Pens.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by ToroView Post

Bert had 4 points in Florida last night.

Good to see Bert come back to life.

Toro
Winnipeg can't support a team. There isn't enough money in that city.

TomorrowMan
Canucks are up against the Avalanche tomorrow. Should prove to be a real challenge for them

Also, I suspect that the turn out at the Detroit game had something to do with the Detroit Tigers playing the Yankees. it's been a while since their baseball team made it to the post-season.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by ToroView Post

Winnipeg can't support a team. There isn't enough money in that city.

You may be right, but is there enough money in Hamilton? Toronto would probably lobby against a team in Hamilton for the same issues that Vancouver might have against a team in seattle.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Good to see Bert come back to life.

Yeah, I think he needed the move and players in any sport always turn into stars when they leave Vancouver.... Seriously, it is good to see him back on his game..

Toro
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

You may be right, but is there enough money in Hamilton? Toronto would probably lobby against a team in Hamilton for the same issues that Vancouver might have against a team in seattle.

I don't think a team can survive in Hamilton either.

Do the Canucks draw fan support from Seattle? 4 hours seems like a long way to go on a Tuesday night.

EastSideScotian
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

If I was moving the Pens, my choice would likely be Winnipeg. Their problem last time was that they needed a bigger arena. With a 18 - 20,000 seat stadium Winnipeg could support an NHL team. I don't know about the Maritimes. What city would you pick? Could Halifax support a team?

Id say Halifax, could support one for sure, We are getting a CFL team apperantly, by 2012.

Our Quebec Leauge Team, the Halifax Mooseheads, are one of the richest teams, always have alot of people going to games, and we have a large arena already. People in Halifax are Hockey crazy, we even have the population to support it for sure, and money yea we got that too, Halifax is the boom city of the east. I think it would go well here.

Winnipeg, shouldnt get another chance, the Jets were a good team, and the peggers didnt go to the games. I think Halifax would do well, or better than expected.

Besides Hamilton is a dump.

bluewaters101
Quote: Originally Posted by EastSideScotianView Post

Calgary has the best team for the Job In my Opinion, Great defense and they have some of the most versitle players in the game. They just need to get going and they will be Unstopable. Ottawa, is going to play alright, barely make the play-offs, and **** up like normal.

I say Calgary for the cup.

What do you guys think about the Pens getting sold, their is a rumor they will go to Hamilton....

Hamilton sucks, I say bring them over here tot he east where crosbys from...way more ticket interest.

No, i think Edmonton is gonna play better this time around and win the cup!

#juan
The Canucks won a squeaker against the Stars last night. Young Pyett got the winner with about 45 seconds left. The team needs good defensemen badly if they are going to expect to win with two or three goals.

talloola
the canucks just lost a pretty good game against the wings, too bad, one real soft goal,

I won't criticize our goalie, Luongo, as we would not have been tied with them at all, if it hadn't

been for him, so suck it up everyone, and on we go.

Pretty good team this year, not all the so called "big names" this year, but their work ethic

is heads and shoulders better than that old team, wouldn't ever want it back again, and glad

Bertuzzi is gone.

Some day Bieksa will be our captain, just about the time Naslund retires, he should be ready,

very smart guy, very smart player, still has little lapses, but he is great, and we have other young

players who will come along nicely too.
Last edited by talloola; Nov 17th, 2006 at 12:26 AM..Reason: spell.

gearheaded1
The canucks? Is that a hockey team? Never heard of them.

Go Oil.

Sort of like a poke in the eye with a sharp stick? (or a curved one perhaps)

Here's food for thought... How come player's haven't caught onto the face visor thing? Even Sundin isn't wearing one now, ironic considering he almost lost an eye last year?!?

talloola
you guys are "goin down", (i hope), it seems, our two teams are headed for similar

areas in the standings, maybe a dog fight down the stretch again.

And, Calgary is starting to look better. Hope we come out of our funk soon, just

can't score, although we are outplaying most teams, so somewhere soon we get a little more

puck luck, then "watch out", we will be dangerous.