Go Leafs Go!

Jonny_C

Electoral Member
Apr 25, 2013
North Bay, ON
No thread dedicated to the Leafs yet? (Or did I miss it.)

As a long-suffering Leafs fan from back in the days of Dave Keon, Frank Mahovlich and Johnny Bower, I'm glad to see the boys in blue in the playoffs after a 9 yr drought. It looks like they could give the Bruins a run for their money.

I can't cheer for Montreal no matter how hard I try, so here's hoping the Senators advance.

I'm in Vancouver's corner for the time being too, but they look like their post-season is going to be a short one.

If the Leafs can't pull off an appearance in the finals, I hope to see the Sens or the Canucks there.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
I am so not used to having Leafs in the playoffs. I hope they win at least 1 at home but think they will lose to the Bruins.

I can't cheer for Montreal or Ottawa. It makes me sick to do so. Too bad they both can't lose.

Vancouver is toast (as usual).

Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg I could cheer for but are not in the playoffs.

Not exactly. Had a couple nice runs in the early 90s just didn't make it to the cup.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
Leafs will be in tough against Boston, but I'm behind them all the way!

Alas, my Canucks are not looking good. San Jose has it together this year, that's for sure.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Leafs will be in tough against Boston, but I'm behind them all the way!

Alas, my Canucks are not looking good. San Jose has it together this year, that's for sure.

I am not sure that San Jose has it together instead of the Canucks not. Sadly, this seems to be common place last couple of years is playing well during regular season and folding up the tents in the playoffs.

Hopefully they will become inspired and recover from a 3-0 deficit and prove me wrong.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
I am not sure that San Jose has it together instead of the Canucks not. Sadly, this seems to be common place last couple of years is playing well during regular season and folding up the tents in the playoffs.

Hopefully they will become inspired and recover from a 3-0 deficit and prove me wrong.

The Canucks have past their "best before" date with their current contingent. But they are still a good hockey club. San Jose hasn't given them any room. Their third line centre is better than our first line centre.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

I've been telling Nucks fans on this forum that their team just isn't built for playoff success. Sure, they get angry at me but their team keeps proving me right. As for the Leaves, Gawd help us!!! They haven't won since 67 and we still keep hearing about it. I can't imagine what it will be like if they ever win the cup again.

Jonny_C

Electoral Member
Apr 25, 2013
North Bay, ON
Well the leafs lost but they weren't outclassed. If the crossbar and the post had been goals, it could have turned out differently.

The leafs making the playoffs is as a big of thing as winning the cup for fans.
Take what you can get.

Very true. Let's take it one step at a time.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Hopefully they'll win the next game. I would have preferred that they had gotten Montreal as their first round matchup (why couldn't Boston have won the last game of the season?) as they handled them pretty well during the season (5-2 against the Habs). I still think Toronto has a chance to win the series (anything can happen in the post-season). They just need to play like they did in Game 2.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
The Leafs suck. Go Jets!

Yeah, but who made it into the playoffs.;)

I wanted the Jets to make it, but they unfortunately had two other teams that had to lose all their remaining games to make it in. They seem to be on the cusp, however. Maybe they'll be in next season.:) The only Canadian team that I think will not make it to the post-season in the foreseeable future is Calgary. They look to be in shambles!

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Wow! Such hatred! I'd almost expect you to be a Hab's fan!;) LOL!:)

Nope, just sick of Toronto which is really a team that has no fans, but corporate sponsors who make way too much money therefore putting on a crummy showing year after year after year. I hope they are beat down.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooo! Toronto! Booooooooooooooooooooo!