NHL Lock-Out - Taking Care of Business

Mowich
[QUOTE=TenPenny;1662368]
Quote: Originally Posted by MowichView Post

Ah, yes. Thanks for that. My memory aint what it used to be.

Neither is mine, TP..........but it is a vault of trivia and for some reason when I read your comment, I recalled seeing video about Chara and the Coke thing then googled it to make sure.

Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

I wish I could go see more Moosehead games. They aren't back in Charlottetown until January 6th, and I missed a good one last week. That MacKinnon kid is playing some amazing hockey.

Nathan MacKinnon, yet another great player from Coal Harbor. Bob MacKenzie is calling him the number one draft pick. He has something like 10 or 11 goals this season with the Moosehead. Rock on Nathan.

Kreskin
With no Hockey Night in Canada perhaps Sidney Crosbie could call a news conference every Saturday to talk about his head.

Cannuck

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

it would be better for the NHL if the kostitsyn brothers both stayed in russia, along with that idiot
russian, radulov, who ran home to russia while under contract with nashville, then came
back to try to make a hero of himself in the playoffs, (didn't work), now he has run along back to
russia again.

you bet the russian players are not the same as the north americans. not all of them, but most seem to be
individuals, want the limelight, want to play their own game, not the team game.

exceptions, kovalchuk, bure, federov, larionov and a some others that I can't think of right now.

And then there was Krutoff. lol

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

And then there was Krutoff. lol

oh yeah, he didn't quite get it did he, talk about putting a lock on the frig, they
needed to lock all the restaurants in vancouver.

JLM

oh yeah, he didn't quite get it did he, talk about putting a lock on the frig, they
needed to lock all the restaurants in vancouver.

He was a pudgy lad!

talloola
+1
looks like there is a deal right around the corner, maybe today, maybe not.

JLM
+1

looks like there is a deal right around the corner, maybe today, maybe not.

Maybe they decided to quit "cutting off their noses to spite their face".

Just the Facts
+1
Darn I was hoping they'd scrap the season, woud've looked good on them.

talloola
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Just the FactsView Post

Darn I was hoping they'd scrap the season, woud've looked good on them.

do you like the idea of all of those workers being out of a job all season, its not only the players, its
all of the spin off jobs that are connected with the NHL, they are not working either.

the sooner they settle this the better for all concerned, not any different than any lock out or strike.

I don't know why anyone would like to see this go all season.

Mowich

do you like the idea of all of those workers being out of a job all season, its not only the players, its
all of the spin off jobs that are connected with the NHL, they are not working either.

the sooner they settle this the better for all concerned, not any different than any lock out or strike.

With the Winter Classic history, if they don't get back until after the Grey Cup, I can live with the delay. In the interim, I find it interesting how many other types of sport I have found myself watching - or all the rewind CDN World Junior/Senior games. Have also taken to watching CDN College football and minor league hockey games.

JLM

Absolutely but don't hold your breath. Rich people don't have many concerns about the working poor!

Just the Facts

Yeah it's tough for the spinoffs, they don't deserve it, but they'll just have to get creative to find a way to draw business. I would like to see this go all season because I'm tired of the arrogance of the league and the greed of the players. I would prefer if the lock out ended and no one showed up, but I know that won't happen, therefore, I'd like to see it go all season.