how bout them leafs?

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
not a good sign when fans are chanting for the coach's dismissal. p.s. great leafs giveaway in the first few seconds. where's avro's dog defecating leafs animated gif when we need it?
:(8O:roll:

Last edited:

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Everyone knows the plural of leaf is leaves.

LEAFS is an acronym why they don't do playoffs: Lose Enough All Friggin' Season.

Gotta love the loyalty of a Leafs fan....

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
not a good sign when fans are chanting for the coach's dismissal.

Actually, I see it as a good sign. A sign that somewhere in Toronto, there are people who are interested in hockey.

I think Burke and Wilson should hit the road, they've had a few years to do stuff, and they either can't spot talent, or they know how to destroy it, and that's what they specialize in.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
Dunno about the Burnt team but the Maple ones can lose forever and still fill the AC Centre. Maybe it's just hockey....

Not to mention every other center in the country, as well as many in the U.S. as well. People can mock the organization all they want, but there's no doubting the loyalty and proliferation of the fans.

They're also one of, if not the, youngest team in the league. It's frustrating as heck to watch, but I'm willing to give them some time. Expectations got exagerated with their run at the end of last season.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
They should move the team to Kweebeck City and give the people of TO a break.

I think Burke and Wilson should hit the road, they've had a few years to do stuff, and they either can't spot talent, or they know how to destroy it, and that's what they specialize in.

They would fit well in Calgary. There is a list as long as my arm of talented players that disappeared when they put on a Flames jersey. There is another list as long as my arm of guys that went on to storied careers after muddling their way through a few years in Calgary.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Another night, another freaking loss! Wilson needs to go, now! Hell, he should have been gone at the beginning of the season, but the loyalty shown to him by Brian Burke is mind-boggling. He has lost the team, and they could not be any worse than they are with Wilson at the helm. Boot his ass out and get somebody, anybody, else.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Another night, another freaking loss! Wilson needs to go, now! Hell, he should have been gone at the beginning of the season, but the loyalty shown to him by Brian Burke is mind-boggling. He has lost the team, and they could not be any worse than they are with Wilson at the helm. Boot his ass out and get somebody, anybody, else.

Can't we please wait until the Leaves are officially out of the playoffs. We don't want to upset the space time continuum and you never know what might happen if the unthinkable were to occur and they actually made the playoffs.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Can't we please wait until the Leaves are officially out of the playoffs. We don't want to upset the space time continuum and you never know what might happen if the unthinkable were to occur and they actually made the playoffs.

I honestly think the only way they're going to make the playoffs now is to fire Wilson. His mishandling of the goaltenders(back when The Monster was hot, and before Wilson totally ****ed with his confidence) is just one of the reasons that this has to happen.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
The leafs got their fans all excited tonight only to stop playing after one perid, all of a sudden it went
from 3-1 for the leafs to 4-3 for hawks.

Another loss, this is ridiculous.

I listened to a good interview with darren pang this morning, and he talked about the leafs penalty-kill,
and explained that they have no structure to the penalty kill, and the players don't seem to have any
plan at all, and also he said that reimer's goalie coach is definitely the wrong one for him, as his
style just isn't looking right at all, and he needs different instructions.

seems to me that they should clean house of all coaches and the g.m. as well, start fresh, as burke's
plan, if he had one, hasn't worked.