Dave Hodge tweet about Tim Thomas

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
“Don’t know if it’s fair to point this out, but Tim Thomas has three children named Kiley, Kelsey and Keegan.”

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
“Don’t know if it’s fair to point this out, but Tim Thomas has three children named Kiley, Kelsey and Keegan.”

Nah, much as the guy's an A$$hole, I wouldn't jump to that connection!

Nah, much as the guy's an A$$hole, I wouldn't jump to that connection!

Walter- I can only assume from the red neg that you think Thomas IS a KKK member! Perhaps you can clarify! :smile:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I heard this info on team 1040 yesterday, they were surprised that it came from dave hodge, who is

so proper all of the time, and I am surprised that it was actually allowed on the air.

I couldn't even begin to know if there is any reason for the K K K for his children,

probably just a coincidence, i'm sure.

but if one thinks about it, when they were having their children, they should have noticed that

they allready had two children starting with the letter K, and when a third one came along, I

know if it were my husband and I, we would have noticed that immediately, and made sure to 'not'

use K another time.

can you imagine the kidding those kids will get from friends etc., later when that little fact

is noticed.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Walter- I can only assume from the red neg that you think Thomas IS a KKK member! Perhaps you can clarify! :smile:
You got a thumbs down for the ad hominem attack.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You got a thumbs down for the ad hominem attack.

That's good, I think the guy's a jerk and being a public figure, apparently there's nothing wrong with saying that, any more so than bad mouthing Noot Gangrene. :lol:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Some people get hooked on this thing where all the kids have the same initials. To me, it's silly, but to each his own.

I'm surprised that Dave Hodge would tweet that, it was obviously supposed to be funny.

Let's not forget that Michael Jordan skipped going to the White House, to play a round of golf, back in 1991.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Some people get hooked on this thing where all the kids have the same initials. To me, it's silly, but to each his own.

I'm surprised that Dave Hodge would tweet that, it was obviously supposed to be funny.

Let's not forget that Michael Jordan skipped going to the White House, to play a round of golf, back in 1991.

in the u.s. three children coming up with K K K, would be noticed immediately. pretty touchy.
and the children should be pissed off at some point with the parents irresponsibility.

pretty selfish of michael jordan as well, he could play golf anytime.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
in the u.s. three children coming up with K K K, would be noticed immediately. pretty touchy.
and the children should be pissed off at some point with the parents irresponsibility.

I would never have thought this would be a big deal, as it's a bit of a leap to begin with. I don't think there is a letter in the alphabet that doesn't stand for something nefarious, if we want it to.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

But this is the Bamster and he's half black and if you say or do anything that put him in a bad light you're a racist.

I would never have thought this would be a big deal, as it's a bit of a leap to begin with. I don't think there is a letter in the alphabet that doesn't stand for something nefarious, if we want it to.
Like my neighbour's kids: Betty, Fred and Denise.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB

I disagree that Tim Thomas and his wife are irresponsible: no one has the right to tell them what to name their kids: thats THEIR choice. The initials being related to the KKK is a pretty big leap and while I don't agree with Thomas' stance on the White House visit (I sympathize with the sentiment of the statement but this type of thing really isn't about politics), people are forgetting that in the Western World, be it in the US, Canada, Britain or a number of other nations, we have the right to express ourselves on issues like this. Think he's a jerk if you like, but leave the kids out of it. Dave Hodge was a bigger ass in tweeting this as Thomas was in his stance.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I disagree that Tim Thomas and his wife are irresponsible: no one has the right to tell them what to name their kids: thats THEIR choice. The initials being related to the KKK is a pretty big leap

I'm sure that Dave Hodge is thinking, 'oh, for fuk's sake, how can anyone not see that it was simply an amusing play on letters'

Jeezus people, do you honestly think that Hodge seriously suggest the kids' names start with K because Thomas is a racist loony? My god, get a grip on your brains. The outrage over this is pathetic.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I disagree that Tim Thomas and his wife are irresponsible: no one has the right to tell them what to name their kids: thats THEIR choice. The initials being related to the KKK is a pretty big leap and while I don't agree with Thomas' stance on the White House visit (I sympathize with the sentiment of the statement but this type of thing really isn't about politics), people are forgetting that in the Western World, be it in the US, Canada, Britain or a number of other nations, we have the right to express ourselves on issues like this. Think he's a jerk if you like, but leave the kids out of it. Dave Hodge was a bigger ass in tweeting this as Thomas was in his stance.

yeah, I thought as much about dave hodge tweeting it too, and it isn't like him to do such a thing.

sure its a parents right to name their kids whatever they want, tree, leaf, cloud, sunshine,
nincompoop, but I still find it unusual to have the three Ks as your kids names, and there is no
way they would have done that, and not noticed what they had done.

Sure everyone has the freedom to think whatever they want, but he put himself above his teamates, he should
have gone with them, kept his feelings to himself, 'sucked it up', and shared with them what that
trip actually meant, and it wasn't a photo op for the president, it is a tradition for all american
stanley cup winners, part of the celebration, and he has pissed off the top brass of the boston bruins,
and even though they will keep it quiet, (because THEY will think, team first), many of his teamates
too.

His political beliefs should be put forward on a different day, and in a different format, not part
of his teams celebration, and not part of his team at all.

He sure didn't mind wearing the stars and stripes on his olympic sweater, when he played for the u.s.
and stood proud to accept the silver medal, proud to be an american, 'I think not', but he pretended
in that format, why couldn't he pretend in this format.

me me me me, that is the stand he took.

Just the Facts

House Member
Oct 15, 2004
SW Ontario
I don't know, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone using the first letters of anybody's names to spell anything, word or anagram. Drawing conclusions about someone's character on the basis of the first letter of their kids' names is, well, unstable. Maybe they're juist Kind Knowledgeable Kids. :)

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
I don't know, I don't think I've ever heard of anyone using the first letters of anybody's names to spell anything, word or anagram. Drawing conclusions about someone's character on the basis of the first letter of their kids' names is, well, unstable. Maybe they're juist Kind Knowledgeable Kids. :)

I had a girlfriend in high school, before we were going out, I pointed out that her initials were S&M, she looked me in the eye, and said yes, indeed...which was one of the reasons we started going out.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

Better to have three kids that have names beginning with 'K' than some of those insane names that celebrities decide to name their children.;)

I can't say that I agree with his decision to not go to the Whitehouse(since the whole reason for the team going there had nothing to do with politics, as the St. Louis Cardinals went there as well), but since he lives in a democratic country he has the right to decline. If the team made it mandatory(which they probably wouldn't do, since they wouldn't want to risk ticking off their #1 goalie) then it would be a different story.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
If it proves to be true that Timmie has political aspirations after he retires and with his contract up this July we may find out sooner rather than later - all this publicity is money in the bank. I doubt there are many households in the US who have not in some way or other heard the name, Tim Thomas.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
If it proves to be true that Timmie has political aspirations after he retires and with his contract up this July we may find out sooner rather than later - all this publicity is money in the bank. I doubt there are many households in the US who have not in some way or other heard the name, Tim Thomas.

But that could end up being a double-edged sword for him. Some people may not like the way he went about things, and the publicity garnered could end up being of the negative variety.