NBC beats CBC and TSN when showing replays of goals

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
NBC is schooling CBC and TSN on how to show proper replays of goals. NBC actually shows the whole net, the time when the puck is shot, travels, and twinkles the twine. CBC and TSN are third rate when it comes to showing goal replays. They suck. Plus, they show about 20 seconds before the goal, who cares!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The NBC network, were they that network that had to show a blue line so the viewers
knew where the puck was? I think NBC is alright but superior to CBC, not yet anyway.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The NBC network, were they that network that had to show a blue line so the viewers
knew where the puck was? I think NBC is alright but superior to CBC, not yet anyway.

That was Fox. I don't think NBC is superior to the CBC or TSN but I'd take Doc Emrick as a play by play man over most on CBC or TSN. Bob Cole should just go away.

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com

Goals are very important in hockey. NBC could have been easily dismissed, but the get the critical things right, much more right than Canadian networks do.

Fox had the glowing-trail with the puck. That was bad.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Goals are very important in hockey.

You don't ****ing say. That's a revelation, that is.

I have no problem following the puck on the replays on TSN and CBC. If you want to understand the game better, you might want to watch some of it live, it gets you in shape for watching the TV coverage.