Christy Clark pays exemployees up to $1/2 million in severence.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I just emailed her and gave her a blast. If Mike Farnsworth was the leader of the provincial N.D.P. I'd vote N.D.P. in the next election..................now I'm in a real quandary as I am NOT impressed with Dixie.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
I just emailed her and gave her a blast. If Mike Farnsworth was the leader of the provincial N.D.P. I'd vote N.D.P. in the next election..................now I'm in a real quandary as I am NOT impressed with Dixie.

I am seriously looking at the Green Party here in BC, JLM. Don't like what I read and hear about either the NDP or the fruity Libs - voted Lib last time but there is no way on this earth I will this time. Maybe it is time for a 'sea change' in BC politics too. :smile:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I am seriously looking at the Green Party here in BC, JLM. Don't like what I read and hear about either the NDP or the fruity Libs - voted Lib last time but there is no way on this earth I will this time. Maybe it is time for a 'sea change' in BC politics too. :smile:

Green would be a consideration if I was convinced it could be done in balance with maintaining jobs and most of all if they were fiscally adept as that is prime prerequisite of running a successful government. For all his many faults El Gordo did know how to handle money, albeit in a very austere fashion, but I doubt if his austerity actually killed anyone. I think Mike Farnsworth could run a successful government but alas it's not to be.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Actually I have spoken to Dix on a few occasions and I can see that he can lead and
is not a wild eyed radical. He is determined to win who isn't when they lead a party in
BC. The real cost of the golden handshakes will likely come in at around two and a
half million, according to some of the media guys that I know.
The news tonight is only the tip of the iceberg there are at least another half dozen
people ready to go and be paid out well.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Actually I have spoken to Dix on a few occasions and I can see that he can lead and
is not a wild eyed radical. He is determined to win who isn't when they lead a party in
BC. The real cost of the golden handshakes will likely come in at around two and a
half million, according to some of the media guys that I know.
The news tonight is only the tip of the iceberg there are at least another half dozen
people ready to go and be paid out well.

Yep, with golden handshakes like that I would be surprised if anyone if left working. :lol: I just thought Dix whined about healthcare a lot, especially stuff the Gov't has no control over.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Actually Dix is looking for other ways to deliver a system that is sustainable. Our
organization has presented the idea that perhaps some of the departments of
government should stop working in isolation and work together. He didn't totally
discount the idea outright.
I think the way to save money and redistribute budgets to priority ares lies in the
ability to have some areas working together. For example, Education, Health care,
the Environment and Agriculture should be working together. This way the areas
of concern know what the other is doing and can collectively work on strategies
to provide consistent policy and save money.
We have to do more in the area of prevention, to cut costs of treating problems
that don't need to happen, If the environment, and education are on the same page
it can create a working relationship. We can also have Agriculture working with
Health Care to provide safe and healthy food for British Columbians. Education
provide nutritional information to students so the next generation is better prepared
than this one, to take action to look after personal health.
No it will not be easy but nothing worth while is easy in the beginning but we have to
do some things differently or the entire system will not be sustainable.
I think Dix understands we have to do some things differently and is a least willing to
look at some different ideas. I am not saying he embraces the idea but he willing to
discuss it. And yes I have some reservations about him as he is a new leader but
I am willing to give him some time to show his stuff, same as I am willing to give
Christie Clark a period of time to demonstrate she is worthy to lead.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Actually Dix is looking for other ways to deliver a system that is sustainable. Our
organization has presented the idea that perhaps some of the departments of
government should stop working in isolation and work together. He didn't totally
discount the idea outright.
I think the way to save money and redistribute budgets to priority ares lies in the
ability to have some areas working together. For example, Education, Health care,
the Environment and Agriculture should be working together. This way the areas
of concern know what the other is doing and can collectively work on strategies
to provide consistent policy and save money.
We have to do more in the area of prevention, to cut costs of treating problems
that don't need to happen, If the environment, and education are on the same page
it can create a working relationship. We can also have Agriculture working with
Health Care to provide safe and healthy food for British Columbians. Education
provide nutritional information to students so the next generation is better prepared
than this one, to take action to look after personal health.
No it will not be easy but nothing worth while is easy in the beginning but we have to
do some things differently or the entire system will not be sustainable.
I think Dix understands we have to do some things differently and is a least willing to
look at some different ideas. I am not saying he embraces the idea but he willing to
discuss it. And yes I have some reservations about him as he is a new leader but
I am willing to give him some time to show his stuff, same as I am willing to give
Christie Clark a period of time to demonstrate she is worthy to lead.

I like your focus on prevention. I think rigorous daily exercise is about the most important aspect of healthy living.