Here's Your Photo Op Mister Harper

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

Gee I guess the ethnic costume crowd didn't take the slur all that well. Not a big deal for a party who would turn government private like their functions and kick "undesirable" out. Two more in Vancouver again today. Nice job Neocons.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I like the sign entreating people to vote for democracy. If the universe made any sense anyone voting for dictatorship would create tear in space-time and cause the total unravelling of reality. The fact that this doesn't happen is better evidence for God than anything I've ever seen.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
So let me get this straight...

Harpers homies ask local peeps to throw on the traditional garb, costume, or ethnic dress, for sh!ts and giggles photo ops with Ole Harpo?

And now the left has gone bat sh!t crazy because this is offensive?

Well at least he didn't get what he wanted and then inspected each person that showed...

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
So let me get this straight...

Harpers homies ask local peeps to throw on the traditional garb, costume, or ethnic dress, for sh!ts and giggles photo ops with Ole Harpo?

And now the left has gone bat sh!t crazy because this is offensive?

Well at least he didn't get what he wanted and then inspected each person that showed...

What the fu ck does Chretien inspecting "the troops" have to do with cons requesting "ethnic garb" for a harpo photo op?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I like the sign entreating people to vote for democracy. If the universe made any sense anyone voting for dictatorship would create tear in space-time and cause the total unravelling of reality. The fact that this doesn't happen is better evidence for God than anything I've ever seen.

A vote for Adolf back in the 30's was a vote for dictatorship. Just because some folks don't know what they are doing doesn't mean they aren't doing it. The real question is whether or not Harper (or any of the leaders) respects democracy. The Greens are the only ones that make me comfortable on that issue.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What the fu ck does Chretien inspecting "the troops" have to do with cons requesting "ethnic garb" for a harpo photo op?
Getting dressed up for a photo op.

I'll be sure to actually take photo's of the politicians that pose for pics with the injins at this summers pow wows.

It's not exclusive to Harpo and company.

They all do it. This is just more partisan political hackery.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

I'll be sure to actually take photo's of the politicians that pose for pics with the injins at this summers pow wows.

That's a lot better explanation AND comparison. Try to get it right the first time, next time.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007

Going to a pow wow is alot different than just telling brown skin people to dress in ethnic garb for
a photo op. Unless you feel that the pow wows are for Ignatieff, and Layton?

Rather than coming to tell me what you think, just bring some of your friends dressed up as injins to where I'll stop my bus for a bit so I can take my picture with you standing behind me so I look like I care what you think a junk.

Doesn't it just make you feel valued for what you are worth?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Going to a pow wow is alot different than just telling brown skin people to dress in ethnic garb for
a photo op.
Oh, so now it went from a request, to telling them to show up in ethnic dress...:roll:
Doesn't it just make you feel valued for what you are worth?
Nope, but i don't think it's just one party that plays that game.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Oh, so now it went from a request, to telling them to show up in ethnic dress...:roll:
Nope, but i don't think it's just one party that plays that game.

Same dif. I didn't see the request from the Liberal or NDP parties for anyone to show up dressed in ethnic garb for a photo op. By all means post the link here smarten me up.

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Just imagine the hue and cry one would hear, if Harper's representative had requested in the invitation that they NOT wear ethnically identifiable garb.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Stephen Harper was giving a speech today on immigration law and human smuggling and all the people behind him were wearing European ethnic costume. Some of these people were obviously not European. After this ethnic costume debacle, I guess Harper is now insisting everyone at his speeches wear European costume. Is this what Canada will look like if Harper gets a majority? Government enforced European costume for all Canadians?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
ou sure can't apologize enough for this guy can you?
Hmmm, I got the same silly accusation when I defended Che Guevara, or Michael Bryant, all though no one seemed to notice when I defended Iggy on voting in the UK.

But hey, all is fair in love and politics.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Hmmm, I got the same silly accusation when I defended Che Guevara, or Michael Bryant, all though no one seemed to notice when I defended Iggy on voting in the UK.

But hey, all is fair in love and politics.

What's to defend about Iggy voting in the UK? If you're eligible, then you should be voting. Doesn't matter where just that you're eligible and doing your duty as a citizen. Surely I didn't slam you for defending that position did I? Cause that wouldn't be fair from where I stand.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
What's to defend about Iggy voting in the UK? If you're eligible, then you should be voting. Doesn't matter where just that you're eligible and doing your duty as a citizen. Surely I didn't slam you for defending that position did I? Cause that wouldn't be fair from where I stand.
Miss the point much?