More Propaganda From US State-Run Television, CNN

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
Likely concocted and carried out by those with an interest in portraying the Libyan army in a poor light. Can`t say I blame those that bagged and dragged her off like the hysterical animal she was behaving.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I don't doubt the story has merritt, the Libyan Army is out of control in the midst of a
civil war. We are getting to see just how ugly civil unrest can be when things get out
of hand. Remember the young people of the Middle East have had enough and the
chains of religion and oppression appear to be snapping. On one side there is a
desire to break with all the traditions of the past and enter into a more modern world
with opportunity and self directed living. For centuries, these people have remained
stagnant and unchanging, and now instead of evolution there is revolution. In the
1960's our young people rebelled and took the rest of society with it and a new society
came about. Yes there was turmoil, but not total revolution. In the Middle East it has
been like South America one dictator after another. South America now has a much
stronger democracy in those countries with elected governments. In the Middle East,
we have people fighting for the promise of democracy and directing their own lives.

Now contrast that with the mercenaries who are the real military of the government.
They on the other hand see their reign of terror coming to an end, as not only is the
Libyan regime coming to an end, the entire Middle East their work place as it were, is
breaking down. I once thought, Syria would not face such a fate and that is proving to
be wrong, even there the young have had enough. Desperate people do desperate
things. I have no doubt she was raped and held captive. What makes me wonder even
more is why some people have to look at virtually everything as a Yankee plot. This is
a news story that will be judged on its own merit, the government military complex had
nothing to do with it. CNN though a network of great and questionable things came across
this as part of the work day. If it were FOX News I would be more apt to question its
validity. I would ask that people not turn someone's personal misery into question by making
part of something much bigger and sinister. Look at the Libyan Regime and ask how
much you should believe them?

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I'm looking forward to our turn.

It's time to settle the score with Officer Bubbles.

Right; that'll happen as soon as the cop in Ottawa gets CONVICTED of sexual assault and does jail time, and the RCMP gets time for kicking the guy in the face, and the EXON co. pays off all the people affected by the spill years ago, and Oda gets dragged into court, and the agent provocateurs in T.O, see a court room................yadda yadda yadda.

In a perfect world Petros, but don't hold your breath.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
"I would ask that people not turn someone's personal misery into question by making
part of something much bigger and sinister.".....

Too late for that. It appears the Libyan opposition have taken the ball and is running with it for whatever they can squeeze from it.....thousands roaming the streets with signs etc. The story making headlines all over (the western world).

Now theres democracy taking root for ya!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The rebels are at least getting rid of the present government. I hope we see more of this
in the Arab World. It is time to get rid of the fundamental Muslim belief system and get a
move toward modernization. I agree propaganda is what it is but this woman has a claim
that should be looked into along with all the other claims that will follow.
The young are rising up and now it is up to the world to ensure the radical Muslim groups
don't take root in the emerging democracies that follow. Make sure the governments have
a chance for change. And CNN is not state run, it is an entity unto itself. Fox News used
to behave like a state run propaganda machine, now it is new entertainment, entertaining
yes, news substance no.

The Old Medic

Council Member
May 16, 2010
The World
CNN is a privately owned company, which is owned by Time-Life. it is in no way a "Government Run" network.

But of course, the author of this post is simply too dumb to know that simple, and easily discovered FACT. And, this event has also been reported on Fox News, as well as all of the networks, BBC (which IS a state run organization), and i would suspect by the CBC (although I do not know that personally).

Hate to say it, but your biased mind is showing!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Yes JBee, Ted Turner bruised her all up before paying her off to be taken away by Libyan security. It's obviously a staged scene.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
While there are no government owned mainstream media they are certainly not independent media either. None of these stations go out and investigate anymore, they all rely on their 'sources' in the military and government and report what they are told. The mass media machine is controlled by the larger powers even if not owned by them. Murdoch and Turner have very close ties with wall street and the government elite and make billions by being their propaganda machine.

That in no way means this lady is lying or truthful ( i'll wait for factual evidence of either) but I take everything from the major media with a barrel of salt.

JBeee

Time Out
Jun 1, 2007
CNN, from its inception, has been a mouth-piece for every president/party and continues to propagate what its gov. wants the masses to hear. Absolutely no objective reporting , no hard or meaningful questioning of the culprits making decisions...especially on foreign policy and cheerleaders of every conflict its gov. initiated for the last 25 yrs or so. Those few employees who have questioned its gov`s involvement or complicity in mass-murders overseas have been swiftly shown the door.

We are now stuck with ole reliable Wolf Blitzer, Anderson Cooper and a couple of tobys afternoons and evenings asking all the `right` questions along with a handful of pretty faces in the AM repeating what they are told to viewers (along with the regular fluff....Charley Sheen/Lindsy Lohan etc) for entertainment.

Label it what you will, its a government-run broadcasting company and not to be taken serious if its news one is looking for.

CNN is a privately owned company, which is owned by Time-Life. it is in no way a "Government Run" network.

But of course, the author of this post is simply too dumb to know that simple, and easily discovered FACT. And, this event has also been reported on Fox News, as well as all of the networks, BBC (which IS a state run organization), and i would suspect by the CBC (although I do not know that personally).

Hate to say it, but your biased mind is showing!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Wait a minute, Turner and Murdoch have close ties to Wall Street and so on.
The Media stations have bills to pay and as such have advertisers and are owned
by someone that is true. However it is not the policy of MOST owners to influence
the news departments themselves. Think about it, except for FOX the right wing
accuses the media of being full of Liberals. I for one worked in news many years
ago, and not once did some business heavyweight come and tell me to put a slant
on something.
Today there is the danger of not enough investigation before going to the airwaves
because of competition and that does produce issues from time to time I agree there,
but to suggest it is just made up and a conspiracy of the owners and media people
is not correct. BBC is Government the CBC is government owned and there are
several state run agencies all over planet earth. Ever watched PBS? it is not owned
by government or even big business its publicly funded and produces some very
good coverage. Even Al Jazeera produces some good coverage but again is owned
by a dictator who gives more leeway than most.
To suggest that the media is involved in some mass conspiracy is simply not true, to
suggest there may be a higher level of incompetence today a subject for debate.
Today there are too many people posing as news people without the experience or the
credentials media people once had. Get the story and don't let the facts get in the way
of some stories could well be true. We need to restore confidence in the fifth estate,
the media as it were. In this case I tend to believe there may be some validity to it.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Given your blanket condemnation and inclusion of American and Canadian entities in your conspiracy nuttery, that was not evident in your post.

I am no conspiracy nutter as you seem to want to label me. Yes, I have looked into all the recent theories and found most to be extreme exagerrations based on some small truth. The point being there is some truth there. You have to filter and sift and research for facts but you will find some truth in almost all of them. I don't out of hand believe that there is a small group of people trying to enslave the world but I don't believe they aren't hiding the truth about some things either.

The financial system we use today (Fractional reserve banking and Fiat currency) is doomed to failure, an understanding of the sytem and simple mathmatics prove this and I do believe there are people at the top hiding this to avoid extreme panic in the population.

So go ahead and call me a kook or a nut and whatever other name you like. As the US dolars falls apart and takes us down with it in the next few years you will see for yourself.