McGuinty demands Caledonia protest end

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
TORONTO (CP) - Ontario's premier has called off negotiations with aboriginals protesting at a development site near Hamilton, saying the group's increasingly violent actions make it impossible to work together.

"A condition of our being at the table was that public safety would not be compromised. In fact, last Friday it was - without a doubt - compromised," Dalton McGuinty said in the legislature.

"We are no longer prepared to continue negotiations."

McGuinty said the province would only return to the table when the barricades at the disputed site come down and if aboriginals help with the police search for seven people in connection with recent skirmishes at the standoff in Caledonia, Ont., southwest of Hamilton.

Earlier Monday, McGuinty said the violence by the Six Nations people at the standoff has tried his patience.

"We have just about exhausted our goodwill and our patience," McGuinty said.

Asked what he'll do if the barricade doesn't come down soon, McGuinty simply answered: "We'll see."

Jun 12 2006.

Oooohhhh very scary folks!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Didn't even know that was still going on. We thought it ended several years ago when the government capitulated to the terrorists that were blocking the road.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
I hear or wait im told by natives that natives get alot of stuff paid(great health benefits) for by their tribe (ex. the native dude i work for said his prescription glasses are paid for by the tribe when he breaks or losses them, man i wish i could have that), get access to free education (which they apparently dont use, i would use it), get great tax breaks i wish i could get, hunt and fish whatever where ever (like use them square hooks to fish out lakes), get a sweet passport that lets them work in America which a non-native cant get unless they have a technologist diploma or degree, or alot of money........... And when mining companies come into the area they get automatic free jobs and do a ****ty job at performing them. I wish Vale Inco and Xstrata would give me a free job, but hey i need to pay for my education first and then apply......

Im tired of seeing crack head natives for example at the reserve near north bay selling fish they net to supply their drug habit. Must be a nice life...

Tell me wheres the oppression? And people wonder why everyone thinks natives are lazy as ****......

40 ****in hectares and we are all of a sudden oppressing them... Why not give the benefits i mentioned to other Canadians who actually want to do something for this country besides leech off of it.

Word of advice to anyone not a native here. If your talking to a native at any bar and he starts ordering double rye and coke, its time to leave cause no matter how nice you were he just turns into a ignorant **** and blames you for all his problem. Something their proud of, and even more proud of cause you hate it...

Last edited:

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
I guess al over the map, the rye and coke comment comes from experience with the natives in northern saskatchewan. The netting every single pickeral and wasting everything else comes from the north bay area(i know of quite of few frenchmen in the Lavinge area who are way more pissed off than i), and the whitefish natives who net every whitefish they can get their hands on in lake panache area, also... The attititude i "Get these beneifits and you dont" comes from the folks i work with and have met in sudbury and north bay area. And the whole were being oppressed attitude because of some real estate develeopment comes from what ive read in caledonia..

But i guess everything i said above is a lie....

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Funny thing is, did you know most of the pickerel in Nipissing are stocked from Dokis? ...but I'll give you a partial there. I was more than a bit pissed off to find three garbage bags full of pike in Mooze Wiccum dumpsite. Can't say I've ever seen much of a crack problem on Nipissing 10 though.

As for the rest of your stomping territory, I don't know....

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
did you know most of the pickerel in Nipissing are stocked from Dokis
This is news to me, if they are stocking pickeral in the lake then im a little less tense in this part of my rant now. Thanks

I was more than a bit pissed off to find three garbage bags full of pike in Mooze Wiccum dumpsite
Some people would call that abusing their right. Usually when someone abuses their right, they loose that right........

Last edited: