Justice System in British Columbia needs overhaul- NOW.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It's evident to me from the assault committed by the Kelowna mountie that the whole justice system here needs a serious overhauling from stem to gudgeon. While charges of dangerous use of a firearm by the victim were approved by Crown within 24 hours, charges against the Mountie are still pending over a month after they were recommended. Just another sign of incompetent government here. Apparently this IS a provincial matter as other provinces don't have the same problem.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
But cops never ever do anything wrong, our justice system is perfect and uncorruptable.

If you used current Canadian laws you and your neighbours could start your own police force.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Kelown is a **** hole filled with crackheads and debutantes. Once upon a time it was a great place to raise a family. Now if you want to thin the numbers in your family out, you move to Kelowna.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Kelown is a **** hole filled with crackheads and debutantes. Once upon a time it was a great place to raise a family. Now if you want to thin the numbers in your family out, you move to Kelowna.

The ironic thing is they just in the past week ruled out building a new prison there. Pity, as most of the inmates would probably be "right at home". :lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Well, maybe we are starting to see "an inch" of movement. The charges against Buddy Tavares (victim of the boot in the face on Jan.7) have been dropped. The head cop from Vancouver flew up yesterday to visit him at his home and give him a personal apology. This is possibly due to the rally held in Kelowna on Sunday. I believe the common person can make a difference- if there is enough of them and they shout loud enough. Now we just have to keep the pressure on until that cop is charged and fired off the force (WITHOUT ANY SEVERANCE)

Glenfilthie

Time Out
Feb 15, 2011
The problem is that the job has become almost impossible to do, thanks to the usual collection of militant pot heads, elderly hippies and liberal mouth breathers. Law enforcement today isn't what it used to be. Back in the good ol' days cops patrolled their towns, and though they dealt with the baddies - they dealt with good people too. Today, you put a man in a squad car, and all he does is go from fire to tragedy to crisis all day long. He never gets a break, he spends his days, his weeks and his years scraping dead idiot kids off the guard rails, telling their idiot parents the good news, taking dangerous creeps off the streets only to have some idiot judge put them back out there...nobody in their right mind would do a job like that. They would either quit or snap under the emotional strain.

I know about a half dozen retired cops. They all got out the second their pensions kicked in, they all absolutely forbade their kids from taking up the career, and not one of them recommends the job as a worthy career for the kids today.

I am not familiar with this case, but IMO if you are being stupid and using a firearm in a dangerous manner around a cop...then yeah, you deserve a kick in the face. If you did it in my proximity you would have gotten two slugs in the chest and one in the pan for your efforts.

At the rate you people are going, you will not be worth defending at all. Our cops get no benefit of the doubt, the perp gets every benefit of the doubt, and an essentially harmless "boot to the face" of an armed and dangerous perp becomes an excuse for stupid people to hang a man who puts it on the line every day trying to defend them.

My guess, JLM, is that ultimately, we will have the police force folks like you deserve.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Glenfilthie My guess said:
And just what kind of cop is it that I deserve and what have I done to deserve it (besides being picked for being drunk when I was 16 years old)? :lol:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
How much do you want to bet? I have a pension cheque due in a few days. :lol:(Don't let your mouth get in the way of your money)

lol.... OM posts and runs. I don't think I've EVER seen him actually come discuss a single assertion he's made in any thread in his entire history on the forum. He won't be back to explain why he'd make such a ridiculous comment.

I am not familiar with this case, but IMO if you are being stupid and using a firearm in a dangerous manner around a cop...then yeah, you deserve a kick in the face. If you did it in my proximity you would have gotten two slugs in the chest and one in the pan for your efforts.

At the rate you people are going, you will not be worth defending at all. Our cops get no benefit of the doubt, the perp gets every benefit of the doubt, and an essentially harmless "boot to the face" of an armed and dangerous perp becomes an excuse for stupid people to hang a man who puts it on the line every day trying to defend them.

My guess, JLM, is that ultimately, we will have the police force folks like you deserve.

You should familiarize yourself with the case. The latest news is that the gentleman was excused of all charges, and apologized to by the RCMP. Charges are pending against the offending officer.

The 'aggressor' was doing his job, firing off blank shot gun rounds on the golf course to scare off geese who ruin the course. Some hero phoned the cops on him, and they decided they knew what the situation was without bothering to ask a single question. The gentleman was told to get on his knees, and as he did so, was kicked in the face. There's video if you go looking. It's a pretty cut and dry case of a bad cop doing a bad job.