Made In China

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
These guys kill me, wait for all the excuses on this one. :wave:

Chinese state television may have ripped off Tom Cruise.

The Internet is atwitter over footage broadcast by China Central Television of an exploding military jet — footage eerily similar to images from the film Top Gun.

Last week, CCTV broadcast a clip purportedly showing a J-10 fighter jet firing missiles at another jet. The clip shows three jets launching missiles, followed by a close-up of a pilot pushing a joystick button. Then the frame pulls back to reveal a missile firing from the belly of the plane. Then a jet explodes in midair.

The Wall Street Journal compared the CCTV explosion with one from Top Gun, the 1986 blockbuster about an elite U.S. jet-fighting school starring Tom Cruise as Maverick and Val Kilmer as his nemesis Iceman. The two explosions are nearly identical, complete with similar bits bursting in similar directions.

The footage has also been analyzed by many online, including one Liu Yi, who wrote that the exploding jet appeared to be an American F-5 plane, the same one Maverick brought down in the movie.

The Chinese state broadcaster has pulled the video from its website and has not commented on the incident.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
When your hot your hot when your caught your caught and the excuse, there's not.
So much for all the laws broken on property rights the Chinese Government is fighting
to clean up.
I can't wait for the excuses to come in. Using movies as news really great stuff of
course our news is now more like theatre when you think about it.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
"The People’s Republic of China is trying to kill you, your children, and your pets.

For decades they’ve been trying to get Americans fat and give us heart attacks by exporting their food style. Call me paranoid if you wish, but have you ordered chow mein lately from your local Chinese restaurant? Or a nice, big egg roll? A side of wontons? Even fried rice? Go ahead, order some take-out tonight. I’d bet my left pinkie finger your dish is dripping with grease. Yum, but do you really need to see through your napkin? I really became suspicious when my MSG-laced Chinese food started giving me migraines. So I pretty much stopped eating Chinese food.

Perhaps, sensing this, China changed its tactic. They’ve stepped up their efforts to assassinate you. Now they’re taking the direct approach with good ol’ fashioned poison!"

Now where does the real blame belong and I used to blame Chinese takeout on the Zionists. ;-)

cdn_bc_ca

Electoral Member
May 5, 2005
Vancouver
"The People’s Republic of China is trying to kill you, your children, and your pets.

For decades they’ve been trying to get Americans fat and give us heart attacks by exporting their food style. Call me paranoid if you wish, but have you ordered chow mein lately from your local Chinese restaurant? Or a nice, big egg roll? A side of wontons? Even fried rice? Go ahead, order some take-out tonight. I’d bet my left pinkie finger your dish is dripping with grease. Yum, but do you really need to see through your napkin? I really became suspicious when my MSG-laced Chinese food started giving me migraines. So I pretty much stopped eating Chinese food.

Perhaps, sensing this, China changed its tactic. They’ve stepped up their efforts to assassinate you. Now they’re taking the direct approach with good ol’ fashioned poison!"

WTF. Seriously?