El Supremo says he doesn't want an election, but:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Oh, don't be silly. The Liberals have played the game of wanting/not wanting an election for years, too.

Both the Liberals and the Conservatives don't want to be seen as forcing an election, but they both play a game. It's quite funny, really, because the main reason the Liberals avoid one is due to their leader being unelectable.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Neither one of the two major (so called leaders) want an election for very good reasons.
Iggy can't win and I don't think there is much hope of him winning at any time because
the average person cannot relate to a pompous professor. He give the appearance of
talking down to people and his body image clearly states, Hi I am happy to see you
even if this whole campaign thing is way beneath me. Oh God when will this whole election
thing be over.
Harper on the other hand has a burning ambition to have a majority so he can micro manage
the country and build it into his own likeness and image. The problem here is that as long as
there is a Bloc presence in Ottawa no one is going to have a majority.
The third problem for all of them is the Canadian Public the ultimate decision maker doesn't
want to give either of them a majority because there is not faith in either with ultimate power.
When the next election is over the Conservatives will be looking for a leader, The Liberals
will be looking for a leader and reason to exist.
The NDP should be looking for a leader, and their fortunes would improve slightly, but only
slightly Little Jack Horner is done as dinner.
The Bloc, all they have to do is make their presence felt and the others will ensure that the
Province of Quebec gets money.
At the present time there is no need for an election because none of the people we have in
power or in the opposition have the ability to make a difference. We need something to vote for
before we have the privilege to vote on the issues of the day.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Neither one of the two major (so called leaders) want an election for very good reasons.
Iggy can't win and I don't think there is much hope of him winning at any time because
the average person cannot relate to a pompous professor. He give the appearance of
talking down to people and his body image clearly states, Hi I am happy to see you
even if this whole campaign thing is way beneath me. Oh God when will this whole election
thing be over.
Harper on the other hand has a burning ambition to have a majority so he can micro manage
the country and build it into his own likeness and image. The problem here is that as long as
there is a Bloc presence in Ottawa no one is going to have a majority.
The third problem for all of them is the Canadian Public the ultimate decision maker doesn't
want to give either of them a majority because there is not faith in either with ultimate power.
When the next election is over the Conservatives will be looking for a leader, The Liberals
will be looking for a leader and reason to exist.
The NDP should be looking for a leader, and their fortunes would improve slightly, but only
slightly Little Jack Horner is done as dinner.
The Bloc, all they have to do is make their presence felt and the others will ensure that the
Province of Quebec gets money.
At the present time there is no need for an election because none of the people we have in
power or in the opposition have the ability to make a difference. We need something to vote for
before we have the privilege to vote on the issues of the day.

You sure nailed that on the head, and everyone in Ottawa knows it.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
It's January, the weather sucks and I need to be entertained. They should call an election tonight. I know, I know, the seat count won't change much and we'll still be left with a Conservative minority but there are no Olympics this year and we need something dammit!