Gun Toting Americans Shooting Themselves Up Again

JBeee
*yawn*

Arizona congresswoman among 12 shot at Tuscon grocery - CNN.com (external - login to view)
Last edited by JBeee; Jan 8th, 2011 at 02:08 PM..

Colpy
+2
Obviously a false-flag operation carried out by agents of the Democratic Party........................

JBeee
Shooting took place at a local `Safeway` store. hmmm

DaSleeper
+5
Good on you JBeee....with your yawn.....Never let a tragedy go to waste heh?

JBeee
Bah....not surprising but did break the monotony of this boring Sat afternoon.

House Speaker John Boehner said he was "horrified" by the shooting.

"An attack on one who serves is an attack on all who serve," he said. "Acts and threats of violence against public officials have no place in our society."

Yep!!

Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Good on you JBeee....with your yawn.....Never let a tragedy go to waste heh?

Last edited by JBeee; Jan 8th, 2011 at 03:26 PM..

DaSleeper
This is the shooter's Youtube channel

YouTube - Classitup10's Channel (external - login to view)

He's a Nut!!

damngrumpy
+5
The real sad thing about this is a 9 year old kid was murdered by some fool with a gun. Here we go
another gun debate. The talk will go on for months and quietly slip beneath the carpet without one
good idea. The real problem is politically people on both sides of American politics have gone from
the concept of exchanging ideas and debate to being personally uncivil to one another.
It is not only a political problem, it has become a problem in a number of areas. Churches have
become in some cases, uncivil and down right heartless in their approach to others. If you don't
believe what I believe there is a Devil and he will get you after God kills you.
In politics there can be no discussion, if you have a different solution you are a Communist or a Nazi
or the Devil himself. If you express a minority opinion you are not patriotic or a hate monger or other
such title that can be used to inflame emotions rather than intellect.
We have the real left who got left out of the Democratic Parties plan for the future now raising the level
of rhetoric that threatens the progress of that parties ability to grow. On the right a party that was once
the domain of fiscal conservatives, is now over run by a protest group that has hijacked a right of center
political agenda. Remember the Silent Majority theme that brought Newt Gingrich to power? That whole
thing eventually set back the right of center movement. When protest groups take over emotion
replaces reason on all side, When anger and emotion are not kept in check we experience what we saw
this morning. What could possibly be profound, or decisive than the death of a child?
Are the problems of America so terrible that people with guns have the right to go around shooting people
especially little children? This can happen anywhere in any society, whether it be Arizona or Sweden.
and it has happened in both. In North America it is time society took stock of itself and started to work
toward civility before trying to solve anything else.

karrie
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

In North America it is time society took stock of itself and started to work
toward civility before trying to solve anything else.

bears repeating. The fact that people (and I use that term loosely as it applies here) can be so callous as to *yawn* about the shooting and terrorizing of a community serves to underscore your point.

Unforgiven

This is the shooter's Youtube channel

YouTube - Classitup10's Channel (external - login to view)

He's a Nut!!

Man oh man you got that right. wtf is he talking about anyway? BCE can't end and AD can't being?

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

Man oh man you got that right. wtf is he talking about anyway? BCE can't end and AD can't being?

sigh.

A complete whackjob.

I guess we can only be thankfull that he is not overtly political, thus driving the wedge between Americans even deeper........

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by UnforgivenView Post

It seems to throw a monkey wrench into the ideas of some that were starting to politicize this as a right vs left thing?

I suspect an insanity plea coming.

Unforgiven
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

sigh.

A complete whackjob.

I guess we can only be thankfull that he is not overtly political, thus driving the wedge between Americans even deeper........

I kinda got that he was totally political but not from a left or right stance. This guy is coming from a whole other dimension he made up all on his own. I am sure this is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to this loony toon.

JBeee
*yawn*

Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

bears repeating. The fact that people (and I use that term loosely as it applies here) can be so callous as to *yawn* about the shooting and terrorizing of a community serves to underscore your point.

damngrumpy
What can you say about a guy like this? All this talk about a new currency, and mind control and
this is more of the wacky road to conspiracy theories that abound all over the world. This nut
case is a dreamer, I sure as hell hope there are less dreamers in my neighbourhood.
I still believe though, that when people reduce everything to emotional rhetoric it inspires the nut
cases to come out play

JBeee
Arizona gun laws allow anyone over the age of 21 to openly carry weapons yet everyone is `shocked` and `surprised`. *yawn*

Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

What can you say about a guy like this? All this talk about a new currency, and mind control and
this is more of the wacky road to conspiracy theories that abound all over the world. This nut
case is a dreamer, I sure as hell hope there are less dreamers in my neighbourhood.
I still believe though, that when people reduce everything to emotional rhetoric it inspires the nut
cases to come out play

Cannuck
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by JBeeeView Post

Arizona gun laws allow anyone over the age of 21 to openly carry weapons yet everyone is `shocked` and `surprised`. *yawn*

I'm shocked and surprised that there wasn't one armed person there that would shoot back. Americans are always crying about their right to defend themselves. Either the rate that people pack is alot lower than the media would have us believe or, when the chance came to defend themselves they chose not to.

DaSleeper

Strict gun laws in Canada Eh?

Explain this.... Four men arrested in Toronto shooting case newz4u.net (external - login to view)

JBeee
Thank goodness a member of congress got shot, else this incident would be brushed under the rug by now by American media, 8 hours later.

Canada strives to be like our gun-toting neighbours to the south....especially our military types.

Strict gun laws in Canada Eh?

Explain this.... Four men arrested in Toronto shooting case newz4u.net (external - login to view)

Last edited by JBeee; Jan 8th, 2011 at 08:52 PM..

karrie
+4
Yes, insanity and the desire to kill people is a US phenomena. It didn't exist in humanity until North America was settled.

Your trolling is getting more and more preposterous.

Tonington

I suspect an insanity plea coming.

Or he'll represent himself....and spew more nonsense and hate.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+3

Thank goodness a member of congress got shot, else this incident would be brushed under the rug by now by American media, 8 hours later.

Canada strives to be like our gun-toting neighbours to the south.

You are a complete idiot.

Cannuck feel free to criticize me for being obnoxious.

Colpy
+1

Too bad somebody else wasn't exercising their rights, huh? (yawn)

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Too bad somebody else wasn't exercising their rights, huh? (yawn)

Hey, that would have been great. Maybe more kids would have been caught in the crossfire of those people exercising their rights then there would be absolutely no sweeping it under the carpet.

Colpy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Hey, that would have been great. Maybe more kids would have been caught in the crossfire of those people exercising their rights then there would be absolutely no sweeping it under the carpet.

Ahhhhhh think about what you are saying.

People defenseless, being shot down by a gunman unafraid to simply step up and put a bullet in them........

The idea that MORE people would die in mass shootings if someone was there armed and capable of defending themselves is the most idiotic of the many moronic claims of anti-gunners.

Think about it.

B00Mer
Sheriff Clarence Dupnik quote during press conf. on Rep. Giffords shooting: "[Arizona has] become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

Sheriff Clarence Dupnik quote during press conf. on Rep. Giffords shooting: "[Arizona has] become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

Yeah, it seems like she was a good Representative. Dammit.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Unlike idiot gang-bangers, target shooters have a tendency to aim for the center of the visible mass.

karrie
+1
When talking about the desire to see more people armed, few people seem to factor in that more people armed doesn't mean more target shooters with the passion or the skill for accuracy. Those who have that disposition are likely already carrying. Pushing to see the rest carrying also is frankly a worrying notion.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

Unlike idiot gang-bangers, target shooters have a tendency to aim for the center of the visible mass.

If someone started shooting at this guy, which I would find satisfying, where would their bullets go if the happen to miss. In a crowded grocery store I would think any direction would be like aiming at the centre of a mass. So I don't think it would be unlike gang bangers just for a different reason.

Tonington
+2
Sarah Palin's campaign from earlier this year. I would have thought before that it's just coincidence, and I still lean that way. But after the guy who admired Glenn Beck went and shot up an office of an organization that Beck had railed on, it caught my attention. Not only that, but there was also the FBI thing about fertile ground for right-wing militias and extremists. The left has it's fair share too, environmentalists, animal rights activists, I think maybe that some people have to start being more careful how ramped up they get with their rhetoric. Even if it doesn't encourage nutbars like this @sshole, milder discourse would be better.

The Palin campaign, using crosshairs on a US map to target House Democrats who voted for the health care reform package: