More Trouble For Pakistan?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I was on the CBC website this morning and see the latest brand of Pakistani Justice.
According to the news report, the killer of a governor in the Punjab Region has been
lauded for his murder of the Governor. Lawyers not involved in the case threw rose
pedals on him for his actions. So much for the Justice system in Pakistan.
Moderate and I said Moderate Clerics suggest that no one should waste time on
prayers for the Governor. The late Governor was critical of laws that prevent people
from criticizing Islam.
When moderate clerics are all in favour of someone being murdered for their opinion
we should be concerned, especially in the west where we are constantly told about the
peaceful religion of moderate Islam. Oh they are not like the fanatics and fundamentalists.
You have all heard that story.
The problem I have, is that it is not just the clergy and the spiritual belief system here, it is
also the prevailing court system of that country. True the lawyers were not in any way
engaged in this particular case, but they are part of a societal legal system of a country
that claims it is a democratic country. If you can be murdered for expressing you opinion,
or proclaiming something to be right or wrong, how democratic is that?
With the current pressures on the Government of Pakistan both from withing and outside
the country, I firmly believe Pakistan is the next nation in chaos and outright Civil War,
and its not far off.
Where you will find the story is on the CBC site, entitled
Pakistan Governor's alleged killer lauded before court. check it out.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Well he got shot 26 times standing up for freedoms. Can't say that I would do that way, maybe, but I believe freedom is worth fighting for.

Ok, you do know I was talking about the ****head doing the shooting, and then begging not to be shot himself.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
It is outrageous.....and the governor was not exactly a radical secularist.....all he did was dared to criticize Pakistan's blasphemy laws.

Currently a Christian woman is under a death sentence for criticizing Mohamed.......

Fundamentalist Islam is the enemy of freedom.

It is the religion of death, murder, terror, suicide, hatred and oppression.

It's very name is submission.

It is time the west woke up.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2011/01/05/pakistan-punjab-governor-funeral.html

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
This is what happens when you can't accept any criticism for your sacred cow.

Last edited: