Yeap,China is just awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
'cause it's 100 times bigger than Cuba- it aint Communist , it has more US dollars than the US-has beautiful girls and it doesn't give a 'rice' about a Cuban cigar .Man that's awesome !

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Oh Yes! I am SOOO in love with China!

It is ruled by the Communist Party, which has only caused the deaths of at least 50 million Chinese in the last 60 years!

It admits to executing more people than the rest of the world combined, and the actual number of those killed is several times what they admit!

It uses the organs of the executed without their permission, sometimes tearing their organs out BEFORE they are shot!

China is the fourth WORST human rights abuser on earth!

China is pretty much sole supporter of many of the world's worst abusers........she is practically the only supporter of North Korea and Burma, she sells weapons to Sudan, and is deeply involved in Zimbabwe and Iran.

She has murdered a million Tibetans in 55 years.

She is becoming increasingly militarily aggressive, threatening Taiwan and India, and unilaterally extending her claims in the disputed South China Sea.

There is a VERY good chance we will see a MAJOR war with China within 50 years.

Oh yes, some of the girls are petite, and incredibly pretty.

We should surrender to the worst monster on the face of the earth because of THAT!!!!

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
China is run by the Communist Party in name only, they have become the biggest
fascist regime the world has know for some time. When you take power in a full
revolution that somehow never ends, you end up with a lot of people being killed.
China having more US dollars than the US is actually not a good thing for China.
If America should default, America would collapse and take most of the world with
her including China. If America and other countries cannot afford to buy then it is
difficult for China to sell therefore all those people who had jobs are unemployed.
When people get used to consumer power and its cut off, they too may decide the
long reign of the Communist Party should end. The opening up of China is good
in one sense for China and not so good in another. People who had nothing and
expand too quickly often do not understand how the world actually works. That
usually spells disaster. It did so with this young generation in the west especially
with mortgages. China is in a difficult position with more to lose than any other
group if the trading world goes to hell in a hand basket. They are becoming too
aggressive and this also could lead to problems, as you can't go around threatening
your neighbours, who are also your customers.
China has a long way to go before it wins the respect of the world and its internal
turmoil may well come to a boil before it finds its place in the leading societies on
this planet.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Colpy

We should surrender to the worst monster on the face of the earth because of THAT!!!!
No one is going to hurt you Colpy ,go and see some professional .

Last edited:

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

It is ruled by the Communist Party, which has only caused the deaths of at least 50 million Chinese in the last 60 years!

It admits to executing more people than the rest of the world combined, and the actual number of those killed is several times what they admit!

It uses the organs of the executed without their permission, sometimes tearing their organs out BEFORE they are shot!

China is pretty much sole supporter of many of the world's worst abusers........she is practically the only supporter of North Korea and Burma, she sells weapons to Sudan, and is deeply involved in Zimbabwe and Iran.

She is becoming increasingly militarily aggressive, threatening Taiwan and India, and unilaterally extending her claims in the disputed South China Sea.

Are you saying that supporting foreign dictators and corrupt governments, and executing people, are bad things for governments to do?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Whenever China enters a period of turmoil, millions of people die. But China has been fairly stable since the 70's. Very few deaths have been attributed to the Chinese government in the last 20 years since their crackdown on Tienanmen Square protesters. Even then, the numbers of people killed during that crackdown (most plausible estimates are less than 1000 people including police and soldiers), were substantially less than the number of people killed by the IDF during the 2008 Gaza war crime (about 1400), or deaths during the US led war crime in Iraq. (hundreds of thousands).

So lets clarify Colpy's selective indignation:

When the West props up and arms foreign dictators, its good. When some one else does it, its bad.

When the West overthrows a democratically elected government, its good. When some one else does it, its bad.

When the West invades and occupies a country without any justification, its good. When some one else does it, its bad.

When the West doesn't like a government we can condemn them for events which happened 60 or more years ago. If its a government the West likes, we ignore all the bad things they do.

Its called having double standards.

BTW, I was in China last year. All I saw was rampant capitalism at the street level. People were happy, prosperous, busy and optimistic about the future. The Chinese people I met were awesome!

DamnGrumpy,

China's economy is less dependent on foreign trade than it was 10 years ago.

2008-01-31
China's domestic consumption has replaced investment to become the biggest driver of economic growth for the first time in seven years.

Last year, domestic consumption contributed 4.4 percentage points to the 11.4-percent increase in the nation's gross domestic product, compared with 4.3 percentage points of investment and 2.7 percentage points of net exports, said China Securities Journal yesterday, citing unidentified official with the National Bureau of Statistics.
Domestic consumption drives GDP for 1st time _English_Xinhua

and

Why the Export Slump Won't Doom China's Economy
China's exports contribute far less to GDP growth than many assume, with domestic spending and investment and knowledge gained from exports driving growth
Why the Export Slump Won't Doom China's Economy - BusinessWeek

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
I'd like my Boxing Day beverage free of Kool-Aid if you don't mind.

If you folks are so unhappy with Western Democracy why not hop a plane to China and live there. You could school them all on how bad our system is and not have to worry about things like voting or free speech.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I know I've asked this befor, but I'll ask again anyways.....China..... have you renounced your Canadian citizenship yet, returned your Canadian Passport and gotten your chinese equivalents yet?

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Colpy: There is a VERY good chance we will see a MAJOR war with China within 50 years.

I doubt it, unless its started by the West, which is why China will continue build up its military. China doesn't need a war to conquer the world. They can achieve their foreign policy objectives through peaceful means and using their financial clout.

Within 10 years:
Taiwan will vote in a referendum to re-unite with China.
China and India will sign a peace agreement which defines the disputed borders.
China will claim a portion of the South China sea and no country will dare challenge them. Eventually it will become China's accepted boundaries.

Eventually the Dalai Lama will be allowed to return to Tibet. China will give Tibet limited autonomy and protect Tibetan culture for tourism purposes.

"Made in China" products will eventually be known for quality and they won't be cheap, just like "Made in Japan".

If you folks are so unhappy with Western Democracy why not hop a plane to China and live there. You could school them all on how bad our system is and not have to worry about things like voting or free speech.

I'm against double standards. If you want a clear Kool-Aid viewpoint, I suggest getting information from an objective third party like Amnesty International. Compare China's human rights record with the US or Israel

China
http://thereport.amnesty.org/sites/default/files/AIR2010_AZ_EN.pdf#page=51

USA
http://thereport.amnesty.org/sites/default/files/AIR2010_AZ_EN.pdf#page=290

Israel
http://thereport.amnesty.org/sites/default/files/AIR2010_AZ_EN.pdf#page=129

BTW, I'm telling you what I saw when I was in China and few facts to clarify common misperceptions about China.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
First of all the most serious problem facing China is its long period of stability. Don't think so?
China is a country that goes through long periods of stability and chaos. The longer the stable
environment, the greater the period of chaos. The man with the little red book understood that
more than anyone. Mao Tse Tung, knew the youth in China were restless in the 1960's and
he encouraged them to turn on the older generation bringing forth the period of the Cultural
Revolution. Mao got rid of his political enemies and the State escaped having to fight its own
youth. In contrast Tienanmen Square was a case where the current administration had now
become more of a fascist regime, and it simply killed its own youth to preserve the current
power structure. China looks amazingly strong but within that strength there is the old and the
new, and the penchant for chaos. For example the Communist Party is not Communist at all.
In fact it is a fascist government posing as a shadow of its former self. Its a nation built on an
ideology that no longer exists. The old line communists are still there in the country side and in
some of the halls of government waiting for their chance to return. The educated elite are also
waiting for their chance to take control from a consumer driven dictatorship, who built a false
and fragile economy based on exporting goods to people who will soon be out of money and will
see China itself as a threat.
Ad to that the single greatest threat to any dictatorship of any stripe. A thriving middle class.
As the middle class become more of an economic generator, they assume the positions of power
from the rural, farm peasants and the powerful elite from the military. Middle Class people go on
to assume economic riches and want to protect their interests therefore those in the military
gradually slide to favour the middle class and the dictatorship breaks down. For example Chile
was a land of poverty and extreme wealth. In the late 1980's and 1990's a more middle class
economy developed and the dictatorship broke down. Sure there is still poverty in Chile but not
like it once was.
China has other problems too. There are considerable numbers of Tibetans who would like to free
their country, and the followers of groups less passive than Fallon gong who would like nothing better
than some instability to rise up against the military masters.
On the surface, China appears to be stable, but add the ingredient of economic instability world wide
and a market crash. When all those people are unemployed and they are now an educated middle
class looking for someone to blame, I wouldn't want to be one of the architects of modern China.
It is the old saying what goes round comes round. A nation is really judged in history, by the way we
as citizens treat each other. And for all our whining and bitching, in this country we have done pretty
well. If you take that example at the end of the day, I don't think China will prove to be that amazing.
In addition when the conflict does come it may not be the west who starts it. The Chinese leadership
will be look to distract its citizens from the problems, by doing what they do best, finding someone
else to blame for their misery, sort of like what we in the west are dong now, with the current spate
of economic trouble. The difference is of course, we will whether the storm, as we have treated each
other in society much better than the Chinese government and institutions have treated their citizens.
The difference is we are a society built of laws for the protection of all. Chinese society is built on an
ideology of government that protects those in power, and when the ruling class base thins out then
the only alternative, is utter chaos for the entire society until a new ruling class emerges and the
process starts all over again. China is amazing in that it never learns to solve its main problem and
repeats its mistakes over and over again.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

First off, we need to distinguish between the government and the people. I personally found the Chinese people, for the most part at least, to be exceedingly friendly, hymble and welcoming, and dare I say far more than the average Canadian, again exceptions aside. Extremely friedly people overall regardless of the regime they're under which, though bad, is not as bad as you've portrayed it here by mixing history with now. Add to that that we, the West and Japan, essentially created the Communist regime by making its anti-imperialist rhetoric particularly attractive after 2 Opium Wars, imposed extra-territoriality treaties, confiscation of territory, Japanese aggression, and then US interference in a civil war.

So, when will we acknowledge our contribution to the popularization of the Communist Party?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
First of all I have neighbours who are Chinese, they came from Taiwan, not only are
they neighbours they have become good friends. The govenment and the people are
two different things. While histories events always have influences on the future it
should be remembered, the Americans did interfere in the Chinese Civil War, it should
also be noted that America supports and supplied the Chinese including the Communists,
during the Second World War against the Japanese.
China and the West are on a collision course it is the road of history. The worst thing that
could have happened to America is the fall of the Russian Empire, it allowed the Chinese
to fill the vacuum on the world stage.
America as a nation has lost its soul, and needs to find itself and its sense of purpose in a
modern world. They are not alone however, as much of Europe is in the same fix.
The Post Industrial Age as it were is presenting the same problems in society that it created
a couple of centuries ago and the new solutions we are looking for exist within the problems
we have created for ourselves. The Chinese are about to enter their industrial age complete
with all the uncertainty and chaos we once faced. The key for the west is to find their place
on the world stage once again and that is proving to be more of a challenge than anyone
anticipated.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
First of all the most serious problem facing China is its long period of stability. Don't think so?
China is a country that goes through long periods of stability and chaos. The longer the stable
environment, the greater the period of chaos. The man with the little red book understood that
more than anyone. Mao Tse Tung, knew the youth in China were restless in the 1960's and
he encouraged them to turn on the older generation bringing forth the period of the Cultural
Revolution. Mao got rid of his political enemies and the State escaped having to fight its own
youth. In contrast Tienanmen Square was a case where the current administration had now
become more of a fascist regime, and it simply killed its own youth to preserve the current
power structure. China looks amazingly strong but within that strength there is the old and the
new, and the penchant for chaos. For example the Communist Party is not Communist at all.
In fact it is a fascist government posing as a shadow of its former self. Its a nation built on an
ideology that no longer exists. The old line communists are still there in the country side and in
some of the halls of government waiting for their chance to return. The educated elite are also
waiting for their chance to take control from a consumer driven dictatorship, who built a false
and fragile economy based on exporting goods to people who will soon be out of money and will
see China itself as a threat.
Ad to that the single greatest threat to any dictatorship of any stripe. A thriving middle class.
As the middle class become more of an economic generator, they assume the positions of power
from the rural, farm peasants and the powerful elite from the military. Middle Class people go on
to assume economic riches and want to protect their interests therefore those in the military
gradually slide to favour the middle class and the dictatorship breaks down. For example Chile
was a land of poverty and extreme wealth. In the late 1980's and 1990's a more middle class
economy developed and the dictatorship broke down. Sure there is still poverty in Chile but not
like it once was.
China has other problems too. There are considerable numbers of Tibetans who would like to free
their country, and the followers of groups less passive than Fallon gong who would like nothing better
than some instability to rise up against the military masters.
On the surface, China appears to be stable, but add the ingredient of economic instability world wide
and a market crash. When all those people are unemployed and they are now an educated middle
class looking for someone to blame, I wouldn't want to be one of the architects of modern China.
It is the old saying what goes round comes round. A nation is really judged in history, by the way we
as citizens treat each other. And for all our whining and bitching, in this country we have done pretty
well. If you take that example at the end of the day, I don't think China will prove to be that amazing.
In addition when the conflict does come it may not be the west who starts it. The Chinese leadership
will be look to distract its citizens from the problems, by doing what they do best, finding someone
else to blame for their misery, sort of like what we in the west are dong now, with the current spate
of economic trouble. The difference is of course, we will whether the storm, as we have treated each
other in society much better than the Chinese government and institutions have treated their citizens.
The difference is we are a society built of laws for the protection of all. Chinese society is built on an
ideology of government that protects those in power, and when the ruling class base thins out then
the only alternative, is utter chaos for the entire society until a new ruling class emerges and the
process starts all over again. China is amazing in that it never learns to solve its main problem and
repeats its mistakes over and over again.

I agree with some and disagree with some of what you said there. From my experience in China, while many Chinese dislike the current regime, they also see it as the strongest defense against colapse and foreign dominance, mainly due to their history of invasion and foreign interference in their internal affairs. The regime is not stupid and knows this very well, and so manipulates it to its advantage, though it also knows it can't push people too far and so still restrains itself somewhat.

Some of the politics in China are identical to what we find in Canada; just as we often have ethnic fewds between Canada's First Nations, French Canadians and English Canadians, China has inter-ethnic feuds too. And just as in Canada the government is smart enough to cater to the majority group to the detriment of the minorities for the most part (the dominant languages being official, disrespect for treaties etc.) while still showing the minorities enough respect to keep them somewhat at bay, so the same applies to China. As far as most Chinese (the Han) are concerned, Tibet belongs to them just as Nunavut and Quebec belong to Canada. Just as the Bloc is viewed as treasonous by many English Canadians, so Tibetan and Uighur separatists are viewed as treasonous by most Han Chinese. And the fact that most Uighurs are Muslim has certainly helped China since 9/11 by promoting the Muslim boogeymen while still of course catering to the Muslim population enough to appease it somewhat. Just like in Canada, it's all a balancing act.

Sure the Chinese regime needs reform, but not via direct foreign intervention; that merely feeds the accusations of foreign interference and thus the need for strong central regime as they have now, along with accusations of hypocricy (I'd found many Chinese to be aware of Quebec's issues in Canada and often asked me about it). Sure we'd had referenda in Quebec, but still you could imagine if China came and insisted we have more referenda.

I think one would be:

1. We ourselves abide by international laws (i.e. reform Bill 101 in Quebec and the separate school system in Ontario, as well as all treaties signed in good faith) so as to avoid any accusations of double standards and hiprocricy on our part.
2. Bring any criticism of China's human rights abuses to the UN General Assembly and let the international community handle the matter. This way it avoids accusations of Canada sticking its nose into another country's jurisdiction while still making its views known.

I did live in China for awhile. And I'll tell you that my biggest mistake was to criticize the regime among friends. Sure they didn't like it either, but they were quick to point out our problems and double standards too. In the end, it's best to stay out of Chinese politics except via the proper channels. If we have an issue, bring it up at the General Assembly, an international body that can criticize Canada just as much as China on an equal playing field without imposing one people's views onto another.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
China does have many of the same problems as Canada when it comes to
ethnic minorities. The problem for China though is somewhat like other parts
of Asia, even though they dislike their regime they will stick with it until it has
a demonstration of weakness then all bets are off. Both Canada and China
are multicultural nations whether people like it or not and that is not about to
change, how both countries deal with their problems will become deciding
factors in how they progress in the future. The good thing about history is that
while most of the time it is predictable, but it is never cast in stone and the
things we are concerned about today sometimes resolve themselves.
The other relationship that has a special bond, between China and Canada is
in the medical field, as for many Chinese still, Doctor Norman Bethune is a
heroic figure, and some regard him as the father of western medicine in China.
The Canadian Government sometimes looks insincere in it criticisms of
China, like they are trying to posture for the rest of the world rather focusing on
a central problem. I do believe however that given the chance many in the
Chinese community would rather settle old scores within their country than
fight with us given the opportunity.

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
Disagree,
if the Chinese do assume the mantle of power than it will be for a limited time at best. Because of the one child policy, I would argue that the Chinese are in the same demographic and economic boat as western countries.

In fact, current trends being evident, the future (in a human Darwinian sense) belongs to the countries of Western Africa and the Western Africans themselves. As it stands, few countries in the world (other than North Korea, Belarus and Iran) restrict international movement and largely due to cosmopolitan intellectuals who firmly believe in open borders.

The results being quite clear I might add, Nigeria went from 8 million the 1940s to over 150 million today; and nowadays, you'll see African merchants hawking goods in Chinese, Canadian, Russian; et al, citie.

Unfortunate. Family planning in our society had great potential in improving the living standards and lessening the strain on resources. Instead; and largely due to open borders, it just means the transitioning of the current population with another.

In time, family planning will become ineffective; because over time the pyschologically weak, the ones who either had no children or just the 2.1, would be outbred by those whom otherwise couldn't care less (such as the Mormons in the interior of B.C. Or in the mainstream non-Mormon populations, families such as mine who have a minimal of three children and aim for five)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
All societies that assume the mantle of power end up prone to the same fate for the
same reasons. The Chinese will have the same problems as the west as they have
the worthless money that was devalued before it was paid to them.
I think any of the powers that take over in the world today will be short lived due to the
constant changes in science and technology. The next great colonization of the
world will not be from military action, it will be economic and by virtue of owning a lot
of farmland internationally and access to water resources.
We need to trade but we need to be vigilant as well.

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
I know I've asked this befor, but I'll ask again anyways.....China..... have you renounced your Canadian citizenship yet, returned your Canadian Passport and gotten your chinese equivalents yet?
Well......I have my Canadian passport since I was 16 years old .and that,s because I am a Canadian citizen .I have also a Polish passport and that's because I was born in Poland . Even my children who were born in CANADA are also Polish Citizens. That's a polish law.So now I have two passports and if I want I can use either one (which I don't) wherever I go.Yes ,I love Canada and that's why I call it home and this is why I have spend here over 40years of my life .The difference between you and I is that you're here by a biological chance ; I'm here in Canada by choice .
gotten your chinese equivalents yet?
well, got my Chinese drivers license ; it is good for 6 more years .

Colpy: There is a VERY good chance we will see a MAJOR war with China within 50 years.

I doubt it, unless its started by the West, which is why China will continue build up its military. China doesn't need a war to conquer the world. They can achieve their foreign policy objectives through peaceful means and using their financial clout.

Within 10 years:
Taiwan will vote in a referendum to re-unite with China.
China and India will sign a peace agreement which defines the disputed borders.
China will claim a portion of the South China sea and no country will dare challenge them. Eventually it will become China's accepted boundaries.

Eventually the Dalai Lama will be allowed to return to Tibet. China will give Tibet limited autonomy and protect Tibetan culture for tourism purposes.

"Made in China" products will eventually be known for quality and they won't be cheap, just like "Made in Japan".

I'm against double standards. If you want a clear Kool-Aid viewpoint, I suggest getting information from an objective third party like Amnesty International. Compare China's human rights record with the US or Israel

China
http://thereport.amnesty.org/sites/default/files/AIR2010_AZ_EN.pdf#page=51

USA
http://thereport.amnesty.org/sites/default/files/AIR2010_AZ_EN.pdf#page=290

Israel
http://thereport.amnesty.org/sites/default/files/AIR2010_AZ_EN.pdf#page=129

BTW, I'm telling you what I saw when I was in China and few facts to clarify common misperceptions about China.
I've bin doing it for almost 7 ys.

Last edited:

china

Time Out
Jul 30, 2006
Ottawa ,Canada
Machjo;.[/QUOTE said:
In the end, it's best to stay out of Chinese politics except via the proper channels. If we have an issue, bring it up at the General Assembly, an international body that can criticize Canada just as much as China on an equal playing field without imposing one people's views onto another.[/QUOTE
Lived in Canada over 40 ys........wishful thinking .

Whenever China enters a period of turmoil, millions of people die. But China has been fairly stable since the 70's. Very few deaths have been attributed to the Chinese government in the last 20 years since their crackdown on Tienanmen Square protesters. Even then, the numbers of people killed during that crackdown (most plausible estimates are less than 1000 people including police and soldiers), were substantially less than the number of people killed by the IDF during the 2008 Gaza war crime (about 1400), or deaths during the US led war crime in Iraq. (hundreds of thousands).

So lets clarify Colpy's selective indignation:

When the West props up and arms foreign dictators, its good. When some one else does it, its bad.

When the West overthrows a democratically elected government, its good. When some one else does it, its bad.

When the West invades and occupies a country without any justification, its good. When some one else does it, its bad.

When the West doesn't like a government we can condemn them for events which happened 60 or more years ago. If its a government the West likes, we ignore all the bad things they do.

Its called having double standards.

BTW, I was in China last year. All I saw was rampant capitalism at the street level. People were happy, prosperous, busy and optimistic about the future. The Chinese people I met were awesome!

DamnGrumpy,

2008-01-31
China's domestic consumption has replaced investment to become the biggest driver of economic growth for the first time in seven years.

Last year, domestic consumption contributed 4.4 percentage points to the 11.4-percent increase in the nation's gross domestic product, compared with 4.3 percentage points of investment and 2.7 percentage points of net exports, said China Securities Journal yesterday, citing unidentified official with the National Bureau of Statistics.
Domestic consumption drives GDP for 1st time _English_Xinhua

and

Why the Export Slump Won't Doom China's Economy
China's exports contribute far less to GDP growth than many assume, with domestic spending and investment and knowledge gained from exports driving growth
Why the Export Slump Won't Doom China's Economy - BusinessWeek
DamnGrumpy,
UN hails China's food policies
By Qin Jize and He Wei (China Daily)
Updated: 2010-12-24 08:11

l BEIJING - China has made "remarkable progress" in growing sufficient food to feed its population, while making great contribution to the world's poverty eradication, a UN official said on Thursday.
The nation shifted from a food aid recipient to an international food donor in 2005, a sign of its "significant success" in coordinating and helping small-scale farmers boost productivity, said Olivier De Schutter, the UN Human Rights Council's Special Rapporteur on the right to food.

Re

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Lived in Canada over 40 ys........wishful thinking .

Sorry, not following you there. What's wishful thinking? That Canada should go through the proper channels if it intends to criticize a country? In't fair fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.