Cat gets stuck up Christmas tree after chasing mouse

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Like a scene straight out of Tom and Jerry, this daft young moggy got stuck up a Christmas tree after chasing a mouse.

Bumble really did bumble when he leapt onto the tree to get the rodent. Instead, hapless Bumble got tangled up in the branches and tinsle whilst the jubilant mouse just watched him from the top of the tree.

The incredible scene was witnessed by his owners Carolyne and Stan Brading at their home in Whitwell on the Isle of Wight.

Mrs Brading said: 'I couldn't believe what I was seeing. We grabbed the camera straight away because it's certainly not something we think we'll witness again."

Meet the real life Tom and Jerry: Cat gets stuck up a tree after chasing a wily mouse

By Daily Mail Reporter
19th December 2010
Daily Mail

It looked like a scene straight out of children's cartoon Tom and Jerry when this hapless cat got stuck half way up a Christmas tree after chasing a mouse.

The 14-month-old feline, called Bumble, had leapt into the branches after his prey. But, just like his cartoon counterpart, the mouse proved far too quick and agile for his pursuer.

The clever rodent made it to the top in a flash but Bumble struggled to get more than half way up the five foot tree.

Bumble by name: This cat hadn't really thought things through when he chased a mouse and got stuck half way up his owner's Christmas tree

Who's an angel? The mouse made it safely to the top of the tree, dislodging the angel from its perch, while Bumble caused chaos with the rest of the baubles in the lower branches

And as he struggled to disentangle himself from the lights and tinsel, the mouse smugly looked down on him from his safe spot.

The incredible spectacle was captured by Bumble's owners Carolyne and Stan Brading at their home in Whitwell, on the Isle of Wight.

Mrs Brading, a support worker, said she was delighted to get such an unusual sight on camera.

The 51-year-old added: 'Bumble is a bit of a character, he's always up to mischief.

'I think he'd been chasing the mouse and it had scurried up to the top of the tree to safety.

'The mouse wouldn't have had any problems climbing up but Bumble obviously found it a little more difficult.

'When we walked into the room we found him perched in the branches about half way up, and the mouse was peering down on him.

'I couldn't believe what I was seeing. We grabbed the camera straight away because it's certainly not something we think we'll witness again.

'Despite the awkward position, Bumble looked quite comfortable. We lifted him out and the mouse scurried away.

'The tree was a mess. The angel that had previously been on top of the tree was on the floor and there were baubles everywhere. It took me an hour to put everything back together again.

'Everybody who sees the pictures thinks it's hysterical - just like a scene out of Tom and Jerry.'

dailymail.co.uk

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
When I was a young guy, the dog had chased the cat up the Christmas Tree
enough times, tipping it over, that my Father got pissed off & hauled the whole
thing down into the basement....& tied the to of the tree to the rafters. Problem
solved in his book.