Canada owes Khadr and his fan club nothing.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Charles Adler: Canada owes the Khadrs and their fan club nothing | Full Comment | National Post

Just an excerpt...

Last night, while working in my usual role as a police platoon sergeant, we were called to a VSA — vital signs absent — in the basement apartment of a house just north of Keswick.
The victim was 78. A retired firefighter. His small basement apartment was tidy. Upon the walls were tonnes of framed photos. He was very well read. History books lined his shelves. But he had no next of kin. I had no one to visit, no one to see. I left the detectives and constable to await the coroner, and have the body removed to its final rest.
As I walked down the driveway, the constable followed me and said, “Sarge, they’re gonna carry this guy out in a plastic bag. All the neighbours are watching. He was a firefighter for 30 years. He’s got no one . . . we can’t let him go like that. Can you find us a Canadian flag, so that when they take him out of the house, we can lay it on the gurney when they roll him to the hearse?”
It was 7:30 on a Tuesday night. Where to find a flag? The Dollar Store. Sure enough, they had one. I bought the flag, and took it back to the scene.
Firefighter Robert Wilson was brought up from his apartment. Before he left the door, the flag was draped across him, to honour the life of a man who was willing to give it at any time. The neighbours watched in silent respect. The people from the funeral home tucked the flag secure and removed it with him. I expect it will be buried with him, too.
For a short time, he wasn’t alone. He was a firefighter, a hero. He was a Canadian. All it took was a flag to show it. Maybe it’s time we find our heroes before their only honour comes from a dollar store.

Read more: Charles Adler: Canada owes the Khadrs and their fan club nothing | Full Comment | National Post
I remember that night. The dollar store in question, owned by a Pakistani Muslims, that actually gave the Officer the flag for free when he told them what it was for.

We have so many truly Canadian, Canadians, that immigrated here from somewhere, who actually appreciate this Nation.

Why are we spending money on this piece of shyte?

ETA: If you saw his funeral, you wouldn't have known he had no next of kin. The hearse was in the graveyard before the last cars left their parking spots along the road in front of the funeral home. He got the hero's funeral he deserved.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
The more this goes on, the more I wish the Americans wouldn't have taken Khadr prisoner and instead just gave him a quick battlefield trial and execution, like he deserved...

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
they’re gonna carry this guy out in a plastic bag. All the neighbours are watching. He was a firefighter for 30 years. He’s got no one . .

Let's see, 30 years of running into burning buildings to save the lives and property of strangers to survive on a small pension and live in a basement apartment:

or

Live you life outside the country making a career of killing Canadian soldiers and be rewarded to the tune of millions by suing the government because you were caught.

... That's a real tough decision.

We have so many truly Canadian, Canadians, that immigrated here from somewhere, who actually appreciate this Nation.

Very good point. The problem is that the lawyers and bleeding hearts in Canada never see that dynamic... If there is no money to be made or a useless cause to fight, they will never even realize that these people exist.

Why are we spending money on this piece of shyte?

I'd be willing to kick-in for a one way ticket to Afghanistan and a paper shredder to rip-up his passport.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'll go out on a limb here and wager that the number of folks that are willing to kick-in cash may result in our ability to buy a plane... hell, there may be enough cash left over to get a used/discount parachute for Omar... We wouldn't have to even land!
I'm confused...

I get the idea of not landing, but why do we need a parachute?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,

And most of them are afraid to speak out publicly for fear of being ostracized by their own community and looked down upon by the politically correct population who go out of their way to placate the fringe element of islam......so one can hardly blame them, that they hold their tongue and hope it will all go away.

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
This is something I just don't understand.
Khadr was sentenced to life correct? Why is it that everyone assumes that life means 25 years and no matter what you do you get released? After 25 years, you can say you have been rehabilitated and ask to go before the parole board. It doesn't mean that you get out, it means you have a hearing. I suspect that since he admitted to what he has, he wouldn't be getting out at all. As a matter of fact I would expect that every time any of his relations attempt to visit, he would be locked down and then transferred across the country to a new prison and held in maximum until he is far too old to even support himself at which point he can be released to suffer the neglect built into our system until he dies in an emergency waiting room.

So why is it that when he is returned to Canada, which is right as he was born here as a Canadian citizen and is our problem, it's assumed he is going to get a big fat cheque from the government, a privileged position on a bridge over the Highway of Heroes to piss on them, and probably win the lottery?

If having people eligible for parole at some point in their life sentence is such a huge problem, why doesn't anyone bother to get that changed?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The guy should have been released after serving 7 years like all juvenile delinquents in Canada and even that's a "stretch" given that he was engaged in combat & his "confession" is very suspicious. Guess he had an incompetent lawyer.

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
First of all he was not in Canada killing NATO soldiers, he was in Afghanistan supporting a organization that was killing Canadian, American, British and other soldiers. He was captured by American's and tried under United States law. (which Canada recognizes, judge found no evidence of torture.) No matter what the age, he was a trained soldier, I cut the line at 12 year olds. Over that you should recognize right from wrong.

Don Cherry said it all.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
First of all he was not in Canada killing NATO soldiers, he was in Afghanistan supporting a organization that was killing Canadian, American, British and other soldiers. He was captured by American's and tried under United States law. (which Canada recognizes, judge found no evidence of torture.) No matter what the age, he was a trained soldier, I cut the line at 12 year olds. Over that you should recognize right from wrong.

Don Cherry said it all.

What did Cherry have to say? (for what it's worth)

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The guy should have been released after serving 7 years like all juvenile delinquents in Canada and even that's a "stretch" given that he was engaged in combat & his "confession" is very suspicious. Guess he had an incompetent lawyer.

Juvenile delinquents aren't subject to spend anytime in prison.. You know, it was a mistake made by a misunderstood youth, they aren't held accountable.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
France pressed U.S. on Khadr as Ottawa stood silent: WikiLeaks

France’s foreign minister asked the United States to consider releasing Omar Khadr from Guantanamo Bay even though the Harper government adamantly refused to intervene, according to leaked U.S. diplomatic cables.

The memo, released by WikiLeaks, shows that Bernard Kouchner, who was French President Nicolas Sarkozy’s foreign minister until three weeks ago, personally asked U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to review the case in a meeting in February of 2009.

It reveals that leading figures in allied governments were pressing Washington over the case of a Canadian citizen – even though Canada’s government was not.

France pressed U.S. on Khadr as Ottawa stood silent: WikiLeaks - The Globe and Mail

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
A better solution would be to repeal the charge against him and put our government in gitmo. :)

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
What did Cherry have to say? (for what it's worth)

The World According to Paul: Don Cherry on Torturing Terror Suspects

DON CHERRY of hockey night in Canada, was asked on a local live radio talk show, just what he thought about the allegations of torture of suspected terrorists.

His reply prompted his ejection from the studio, but to thunderous applause from the audience.

HIS STATEMENT:

If hooking up one raghead terrorist prisoner`s testicles to a car battery to get the truth out of the lying little camelshagger will save just one Canadian life, then I have only three things to say:

1. Red is positive
2. Black is negative
3. Make sure his nuts are wet

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The World According to Paul: Don Cherry on Torturing Terror Suspects

DON CHERRY of hockey night in Canada, was asked on a local live radio talk show, just what he thought about the allegations of torture of suspected terrorists.

His reply prompted his ejection from the studio, but to thunderous applause from the audience.

HIS STATEMENT:

If hooking up one raghead terrorist prisoner`s testicles to a car battery to get the truth out of the lying little camelshagger will save just one Canadian life, then I have only three things to say:

1. Red is positive
2. Black is negative
3. Make sure his nuts are wet

That would be Don. He knows hockey and elementary electricity, not sure about compassion. :lol: