conCERNing Anti-matters

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
A big deal indeed!

Scientists have captured antimatter atoms for the first time, a breakthrough that could eventually help us to understand the nature and origins of the universe.

Researchers at CERN, the Geneva-based particle physics laboratory, have managed to confine single antihydrogen atoms in a magnetic trap.

This will allow them to conduct a more detailed study of antihydrogen, which will in turn allow scientists to compare matter and antimatter.

Scientists capture antimatter atoms in particle breakthrough - CNN.com

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
Well... perhaps a step or two between. :lol:
They say they can hold on to it longer in a magnetic field and study it.
It's powerful though. I understand a gram of matter and antimatter results in the energy of 43 kilo tons of energy.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
No they haven't captured antimatter. See the big bang, the mythical origin of antimatter itself never happened and never will or could. Main stream science today is just an extension of the organized crime sindicate that runs the capitalist pig world. See if they don't discover the gravitron in a few weeks and after that proof of darkmatter and then god herself.

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Practical Applications of Antimatter

That's a fantastic bit of news!

The future of the human species depends largely on driven and passionate development of science and technology. The discovery of antimatter could have broad implications for the future of medical imaging, and fuel purposes for the exploration of our solar system; there could one day even be applications for interstellar travel. It's a shame that only private organisations seem to be interested in exploring these fantastic possibilities; Her Majesty's Government for Canada, and other governments throughout the world, should be contributing to this exciting sphere of science in the global interest.

Last edited:

Unforgiven

Force majeure
May 28, 2007
No they haven't captured antimatter. See the big bang, the mythical origin of antimatter itself never happened and never will or could. Main stream science today is just an extension of the organized crime sindicate that runs the capitalist pig world. See if they don't discover the gravitron in a few weeks and after that proof of darkmatter and then god herself.

Sure they have. They have the proof to back up their statement. AND you spelt syndicate wrong.

That's a fantastic bit of news!

The future of the human species depends largely on driven and passionate development of science and technology. The discovery of darkmatter could have broad implications for the future of medical imaging, and fuel purposes for the exploration of our solar system; there could one day even be applications for interstellar travel. It's a shame that only private organisations seem to be interested in exploring these fantastic possibilities; Her Majesty's Government for Canada, and other governments throughout the world, should be contributing to this exciting sphere of science in the global interest.

All that plus they can really blow some serious **** up!

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Very cool! I imagine they should be able to perform some intersting experiments.

I wonder how stable anti-hydrogen is? If it is far less stable than matter, that might explain why the universe appears to consist of only matter.

What affect does gravity, magnetism and other forces have on anti-hydrogen?

Trotz

Electoral Member
May 20, 2010
Alberta
Too bad I was looking forward to an anti-matter drive,

I was going to recommend we leave this planet behind once we find a new world. Leave the "Earth", to the religious savages like Qaddafi and Ahmadinejad. I give them 20 years at most, without Europe, America or Canada, until they return to the stone age. At best, their descendents a hundred years from now, would regard scraps of aircraft as religious artifacts...