Prince to Wed Kate

FiveParadox

Governor General
Dec 20, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Prince William's Engagement to Ms. Middleton

Fantastic!

I am delighted to hear that His Royal Highness Prince William of Wales K.G., F.R.S. (the second person on the order of succession to The Crown of Canada) is going to be wedding Ms. Kate Middleton. In a time when the relevance of our constitutional monarchy is being questioned by some, monarchists can rest somewhat more comfortably with the knowledge that Prince William will one day be the Canadian Sovereign, with Ms. Middleton as Queen.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
WOW I actually shed some tears when I saw the news clip on TV about one of my favorite couples....

The two seem to have made a match in heaven with their common sense and ability to please the public without getting all "stupid and idiot" with the curse of fame following them. It's a tribute to the present Queen who has managed to live a good life despite all the trappings of "royaldom".

My mother adored Queen Elizabeth, although not of British birth - her favorite heroines were the young Princesses and when the Queen was crowned she shed tears - tears at the wedding, the Coronation, at the birth of each new baby, etc.

Although far removed in my adult brain from the pull of "royalty" because I am a firm believer in equality of all regardless of circumstance or place of birth, there I was snorting into a tissue this morning seeing what a darling serene pair these two make for each other.

A new set of "normal royals" to see evolve for their fans to follow throughout the Empire. I am able to dredge up an unusually sincere and weepy "wish them the best" in all honesty from my heart.

I do admit however I still favor that character "Prince Harry" for all his humor and antics.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Sorry about this, but I have already had my fill of the media feeding frenzy surrounding this event. I wouldn't cross the road to see a royal.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
it is sad to remember diana, then fast forward to this upcoming event and know that it
would have been such a happy time of her life.

this must also have quite an effect on william as he moves forward with his life.
his mother will never know his wife or his chilren.

these are just people like us, but their lives are out there for all of us to view,
i'm sure glad mine isn't, but then, mayyyyyybe if I had their bank account as well,
I might reconsider.(naw, just kidding, I like my private life.)

I wish them much happiness, they are a beautiful couple, can't wait to see their children,
probably won't be too far in the future, as they are both late twenties now, not kids any more.