Teenagers found guilty of killing suspected paedophile

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Teenagers found guilty of killing suspected paedophile | News.com.au

TWO teenagers have been found guilty of killing a suspected paedophile.

Robert Daley, 45, was stabbed five times at his home in Brixton, south London, in April on the day a sex case against him was dropped.

A 15-year-old boy was found guilty of Mr Daley's murder while a girl, also 15, was found guilty of manslaughter.

The prosecution said the defendants, who cannot be named for legal reasons, went to Mr Daley's home "to teach him a lesson."

The girl, her 15-year-old sister and a woman had complained to police that Mr Daley, a heavy drinking drug-user, had abused them.

Soon after receiving a call from police telling him lawyers considered there was a lack of evidence, Mr Daley rang the older girl. She text him back telling him to stay away from her and calling him "a pervert".

She wrote: "Stop calling and texting me. I really don't want anything to do with you. You are a perverted man."

The court heard she rang her sister and the boy - the father of the baby she was expecting.

Soon after the teenagers arrived at Mr Daley's home, a struggle broke out in the kitchen, and Mr Daley was stabbed five times.

The teenagers denied the charges and told the jury that Mr Daley had grabbed the girl around her throat and was trying to indecently assault her before he was killed.

The teenagers were remanded in custody for sentencing next month.

Can't say I'll be shedding tears over the man stabbed, but what do you expect was going to happen?

The courts protect the criminals over the victims more often then not and due to some technicality or another, most of these freaks are let back out on the streets or just get a slap on the wrist..... now a days it seems like most of the victims are beginning to understand that it's not their fault they were assaulted and considering this ass hat decided to contact the people he "allegedly" assaulted almost immediately after he got off scott free, that if I was the victim, I'd see it as him continuing to harass me and possibly escalate things further..... depending on how I was assaulted, I'd probably end up doing the same thing these kids ended up doing.

And I'd accept prison for my actions too..... at least I'd know that scum was off the planet and no longer threatening or harming anybody else.

I'm not trying to promote violence or taking the law into your own hands, but when you're left with justice not being served, your attacker walks and then your attacker seems to be able to continue to harass you and threaten you...... would you face the rest of your life having to deal with this idiot constantly meddling in your life, walking by your home and smiling at you like you can't touch them and possibly doing what they did to you to other children?

I don't know about anybody else in here but I'd probably end up doing something about it.

But then again, I haven't been sexually assaulted by anybody or have gone through a situation as these kids have, so I don't really have to worry about putting theory into practice.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Teenagers found guilty of killing suspected paedophile | News.com.au

Can't say I'll be shedding tears over the man stabbed, but what do you expect was going to happen?​

The courts protect the criminals over the victims more often then not and due to some technicality or another, most of these freaks are let back out on the streets or just get a slap on the wrist..... now a days it seems like most of the victims are beginning to understand that it's not their fault they were assaulted and considering this ass hat decided to contact the people he "allegedly" assaulted almost immediately after he got off scott free, that if I was the victim, I'd see it as him continuing to harass me and possibly escalate things further..... depending on how I was assaulted, I'd probably end up doing the same thing these kids ended up doing.​

And I'd accept prison for my actions too..... at least I'd know that scum was off the planet and no longer threatening or harming anybody else.​

I'm not trying to promote violence or taking the law into your own hands, but when you're left with justice not being served, your attacker walks and then your attacker seems to be able to continue to harass you and threaten you...... would you face the rest of your life having to deal with this idiot constantly meddling in your life, walking by your home and smiling at you like you can't touch them and possibly doing what they did to you to other children?​

I don't know about anybody else in here but I'd probably end up doing something about it.​

But then again, I haven't been sexually assaulted by anybody or have gone through a situation as these kids have, so I don't really have to worry about putting theory into practice.​

I guess one person acting like a criminal doesn't excuse another person for acting like one.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Soon after receiving a call from police telling him lawyers considered there was a lack of evidence, Mr Daley rang the older girl. She text him back telling him to stay away from her and calling him "a pervert".

Once he found out that no charges would be laid, he called the alleged victim? No wonder they went there and killed him. Sounds pretty weird, like perhaps he called her to gloat that charges wouldn't be laid? Just to torment her?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I guess one person acting like a criminal doesn't excuse another person for acting like one.

Eye for an eye as I see it..... at least the crime being committed is being committed on someone who already committed a crime.

I mean if I just accused the guy for sexual assault and he really never committed the crime, then later was let go because there simply wasn't any evidence and it was well known that I made it up..... there'd be no real justification or reason in my mind to go farther in attacking the guy.

To go over to the guys house after he started contacting and harassing me and my friends, get into a confrontation with him and get to the point of stabbing the guy 5 times, thus killing him...... I'd say a lot more happened then just an empty accusation for attention and drama.

It goes beyond someone just acting like a criminal..... what really matters is that the guy acted like a criminal and then nothing happened..... no justice was served, he was set free and seemed to have been allowed to contact and continue harassing his victims to keep things going further..... regardless of the logic behind it all, when the justice system fails you, when your assaulter is let back out on the streets, when it seems like nothing has changed and now your assaulter decides to step up his game and make your life even worse then before...... eventually one gets stuck in the frame of mind that you can't rely on anybody else to solve your problems except yourself and then take matters into your own hands regardless of the consequences....... in your eyes, you got the justice you were seeking and a threat was removed from your life.

^ Now put all that in the mind of a teenager and their volatile hormones and emotions (and possibly knowing the youth justice system protects you like the justice system protected the pedophile) and you get a pretty messy situation.

Like I said.... I'm not promoting violence or taking matters into your own hands..... but I can understand why some do, especially looking back on my past experiences of the justice system here failing me and failing those in my family I won't get into.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Eye for an eye as I see it..... at least the crime being committed is being committed on someone who already committed a crime.

I mean if I just accused the guy for sexual assault and he really never committed the crime, then later was let go because there simply wasn't any evidence and it was well known that I made it up..... there'd be no real justification or reason in my mind to go farther in attacking the guy.

To go over to the guys house after he started contacting and harassing me and my friends, get into a confrontation with him and get to the point of stabbing the guy 5 times, thus killing him...... I'd say a lot more happened then just an empty accusation for attention and drama.

It goes beyond someone just acting like a criminal..... what really matters is that the guy acted like a criminal and then nothing happened..... no justice was served, he was set free and seemed to have been allowed to contact and continue harassing his victims to keep things going further..... regardless of the logic behind it all, when the justice system fails you, when your assaulter is let back out on the streets, when it seems like nothing has changed and now your assaulter decides to step up his game and make your life even worse then before...... eventually one gets stuck in the frame of mind that you can't rely on anybody else to solve your problems except yourself and then take matters into your own hands regardless of the consequences....... in your eyes, you got the justice you were seeking and a threat was removed from your life.

^ Now put all that in the mind of a teenager and their volatile hormones and emotions (and possibly knowing the youth justice system protects you like the justice system protected the pedophile) and you get a pretty messy situation.

Like I said.... I'm not promoting violence or taking matters into your own hands..... but I can understand why some do, especially looking back on my past experiences of the justice system here failing me and failing those in my family I won't get into.

I'm certainly not impressed with our justice system. I'm also not too impressed with people who put themselves in vulnerable situations because they don't think or are unable to think. Lots of times events by people piss me off, but I find it's a lot better just to walk away rather than being confrontational. Our system necessitates that people's guilt or innocense is up to juries, and if you don't like their ruling you don't sucker punch the accused but you might sucker punch the foreman of the jury. :lol: