For Some Parents WiFi is a Four-Letter Word!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Reheated Chef-Boyardee is good for you?

Hey... a fella could make good loot selling "hardening hats". Brass mesh lined toques.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I'm wondering if having a large number of WiFi notebooks on in every classrooms is different from being subjected to one or two wifi signals at a time when in a house or walking down the street.....

Just asking.........when you stop questioning you quit learning;-)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'm wondering if having a large number of WiFi notebooks on in every classrooms is different from being subjected to one or two wifi signals at a time when in a house or walking down the street.....

Just asking.........when you stop questioning you quit learning;-)
Ea computer has it's own EM MHz signature but the WiFi is strongest near the source and diminishes at range which is limited to watts of transmission.

I think it's a bunch of Paranoia from Misinformed parents.
How do you cook your Boyardee? Do you close the door for safety purposes?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Ea computer has it's own EM MHz signature but the WiFi is strongest near the source and diminishes at range which is limited to watts of transmission.

How do you cook your Boyardee? Do you close the door for safety purposes?

Funny you should say that.....A couple of years ago I noticed that my noterbook would lose it's link to the router sometimes when I was using it in the kitchen.....turns out, it was only when the microwave was running.

Solution...change the frequency in the router.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Better solution....

Buy a gaussmeter to check you microwave for leaks. You can also be a pretend "ghost hunter" with it when not checking your microwave.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
...Ah ..There's Energy at every level , everywhere ,Passn' through us all the time....Civilized humans must continuosly adapt and move Forever Forward into the future.

...Fear without basis ...Is the worst form of ..Paranoia ...

I would fear what all the kids will do with no WIFI....Could stampede....

So what do the kids say ?....Do they want Wifi.. or not?...Perhaps the kids could even educate their parents on all The New Hifi/Wifi..High Five.. Technologies makin their way to the mainstream...

This issue sounds politically liberal to me... ...Still ..Might be worth running some more tests...:)

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Soon WiFi will be the delivery of the education system in a community near you. Kids at home in front of computers is far far cheaper than shipping them off to schools.

There's Energy at every level , everywhere ,Passn' through us all the time....
It's all about the frequency and strength of the wave.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
...BIg Brother is watching ... is homing in...It will control your mind with their new brain wave frequecithisizer thingy of a mijigger !..( If you can take the few High Energy level radioactive zapper waves to the Cranium..)...

I went to school before P.C's were invented...I always got nauseated ,, dizzy and headaches at school ..When I wasn't zoning out......

Then I'd go home ...Felt great..

Seems like ..Nothin's changed...

Anything that will Brainwash ,.oops..I mean ...Help force feed the Education into those absorbent children's little brains has to be a good thing ..Right?;)

Last edited:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I went to school before P.C's were invented...I always got nauseated ,, dizzy and headaches at school ..When I wasn't zoning out......

Then I'd go home ...Felt great..

Seems like ..Nothin's changed...
Flourescent lighting.

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
lol.. Petro's..Yeah must have been the lighting ..:)

Impressive link spade...

Still Kids are only exposed for maybe 4,5 hours a day at best ....The risk is minimal compared to other risks out there...

A few good points were made though ...that got me thinkin .....

Do we really need Wifi in elementary School..For 1 computer room ?....In which case ...Cable connection is probably a more practical idea anyway...

What is this Meaford school using the Wifi for?...

Do teachers own the internet/cable companies?:)

Is chalk dust toxic?

If a pen explodes in your mouth from chewin the end off while listening to another detailed lecture on the History of political science ...... ...Can you get sick ...?:)

Hmmmm.....Just wonderin'

Wifi means free(r) internet..That's always a postive..

You know what's worse than zapper waves?...Slow ,choppy streaming video/slow internet connection..Drives me nuts...Turn up the juice! :)

Last edited: