Gang Rape In Small B.C. Community

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Photos of gang rape go viral on Facebook - The Globe and Mail

A 16-year-old girl was drugged and raped repeatedly by partygoers at a weekend rave near Vancouver as onlookers snapped photos that have since found their way onto Facebook, the RCMP said Thursday.

The attack happened at a rave last Friday night on a rural property near Pitt Meadows, east of Vancouver. Police believe the girl was given a substance commonly know as the date-rape drug.

This is one of the most disgusting things I've read.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The sad fact is that this involves so many sons and daughters of these communities that people by and large are going to defend their actions in regards to the posting and sharing of these pictures, lest they see handfuls of their children prosecuted.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Photos of gang rape go viral on Facebook - The Globe and Mail

This is one of the most disgusting things I've read.

Me too. But we still have people who think things are better now than they were in '59. I hope the ring leaders do about 20 years hard time. :lol:

The sad fact is that this involves so many sons and daughters of these communities that people by and large are going to defend their actions in regards to the posting and sharing of these pictures, lest they see handfuls of their children prosecuted.

That's what should happen.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I hope the girl doesn't have a shady past - even at 16. Lawyers, being what a lot of them are, will do their best to exploit it.

We already know that those bastards are a notch lower on the scale than the guys they are defending. Their job is to see they get a fair trial PERIOD.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

As far as I can tell the offense only involved one daughter but many daughters could be witnesses. The sixteen year old girl was raped by 7 or eight boys up to eighteen years old. I lived in that community for close to ten years, likely before most of these teenagers were born. I think that town is going to turn on the offenders and demand the stiffest penalties available. I would think the RCMP already know who all the offenders were and also have a sizable list of witnesses.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
As far as I can tell the offense only involved one daughter but many daughters could be witnesses. The sixteen year old girl was raped by 7 or eight boys up to eighteen years old. I lived in that community for close to ten years, likely before most of these teenagers were born. I think that town is going to turn on the offenders and demand the stiffest penalties available. I would think the RCMP already know who all the offenders were and also have a sizable list of witnesses.

You think only boys have posted and shared these pics? heck no. I can guarantee there are girls in the list of those who've breached the law too.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
one 18 year old that had been detained has been released without charge as he had consensual oral sex with the 16 year old..... hmmmmmmm.... the plot thickens.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
one 18 year old that had been detained has been released without charge as he had consensual oral sex with the 16 year old..... hmmmmmmm.... the plot thickens.

My reading of the story indicated the girl was drugged with the "date-rape" drug, in which case consenual sex was am impossibility....she could not consent.

If she were merely high on ecstacy or some other drug she took voluntarily....well, the legal battle will be on.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

According to the news this afternoon the original estimate of 5 to 7 boys too high, but they didn't disclose the current number of suspects.