Some people don't take bad news well....

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
WASHINGTON - A man distraught and enraged at hearing his mother's diagnosis shot her doctor Thursday at the world-renowned Johns Hopkins Hospital before killing her and taking his own life, police said.

Read more: Diagnosis leads to murder-suicide at top U.S. hospital

Where do these nuts come from?

They come from being allowed to be brats who were never made to handle disappointment. If you're a kid and get grounded for something these days the usual response is to take a gun to school and shoot the teacher, the principal and half a dozen class mates. It's called venting- very healthy as it reduces stress on the kid. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
WASHINGTON - A man distraught and enraged at hearing his mother's diagnosis shot her doctor Thursday at the world-renowned Johns Hopkins Hospital before killing her and taking his own life, police said.

You would think that they would have had metal detectors of some sort(since it is such a well-known hospital and all) and security to check on visitors coming in(when the detector goes off).

If they don't have those already, I imagine that this incident will kick-start the building of one.

As for this asshole and others like him, I find it so disheartening that they feel the need to take other people with them when they kill themselves. If you want to commit suicide, that is your choice, but when you decide to take other people with you, you are nothing but a cowardly piece of ****.:-(

Bcool

Dilettante
Aug 5, 2010
Vancouver Island B.C.

And how do they get guns? Especially since, in this case: "After initially identifying the 50-year-old gunman as Warren Davis, police later discovered this was an alias he gave to hospital staff and said his real name was Paul Warren Pardus of Arlington, Virginia."

So was he her son or not? And did he use the alias to get the gun 'cos he couldn't under his real name?

And why so many cases of murder/suicide to supposedly "solve" an unsolvable, unbearable situation, or murderous rage? WTH is going on?

A sad case indeed for the poor woman who, the wording of the article seems to indicate, was paralyzed by the surgery she'd just had. Then gets shot and killed! By her son, maybe.... I hope she was heavily sedated via her IV through all this. Glad to hear the doctor's going to recover.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Sounds like they didn't have a private medical plan that would cover her illness, his mother would have ended up making him broke and ruin his whole life and whatever money he would have had would have gone to the hospital, so he snapped and killed everyone..... then of course knew he really screwed his life up so he killed himself.

Similar to those nut jobs down there who get laid off or fired for something stupid they did, no longer have the money to cover the costs of living, blame everybody around them and then go shooting everything to death, eventually shooting themselves.

I just don't see why they don't just shoot themselves and be done with it..... but then I suppose they want others to suffer along with them because they're the centre of the world and should drag others into their miserable life.