Doctors extract kidney through vagina

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Doctors extract kidney through vagina | News.com.au

IN A medical first, French doctors have removed an obese woman's infected kidney by pulling it through her vagina, limiting the risks of surgery.

The 117kg patient is morbidly obese and lost the use of her kidney to a series of infections, but surgeons thought carrying out surgery through her abdominal fat would present too great a risk.

"The vaginal route allows us to reduce the pain and the risk of complications, as the cut is much smaller," the Lyon hospital said.

The kidney was removed through an incision inside the deepest part of the vagina.
The operation was performed on August 30.

It was the first time such a procedure had been performed in France and a world first on an obese patient, the statement said.

This is not the first time that Lyon doctors have developed an innovative way of removing organs.

In February they became the first team in Europe to pull a woman's kidney out of her belly button.

"So.... Um...... is there still traction down there or is it now like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?"

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
:glasses7:When I hear of them pulling a brain out through somones anus, then I'll be impressed.

Should be "traction" Ladies have babies and vaginas return to "normal" size, relative to the person.

That's a no brainer...................................what was that tug I just felt??8O

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Reminds me of a guy I knew at work 25 years ago, whenever management would come up with some daft idea he'd always say "That's right- pull the teeth out through the assh*le".