Girl, 6, axed from cheer squad over risque booty chant

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Girl, 6, axed from cheer squad over risque booty chant | News.com.au

A SIX-year-old girl was removed from a cheerleading team because her parents complained that one of the team's chants was too risque.

Jennifer and Duane Tesch, of Madison Heights, Michigan, said daughter, Kennedy, was unanimously voted off of the Madison Heights Wolverines flag football cheerleading team during a team meeting on Tuesday night, Fox News Channel reported.

The meeting was held to discuss concerns the Tesches voiced last month regarding one of the team's cheers: "Our backs ache, our skirts are too tight, we shake our booties from left to right."

But instead of seeing their concerns with the cheer resolved, the Tesches saw their little girl booted from the team.

"I don't even have the words," Jennifer Tesch told FOXNews.com. "I can't believe their solution to this was to remove my daughter from the team. She's going to be devastated. She's going to be crying."

Mr Tesch said he was surprised that the team meeting took an abrupt turn.

"This meeting was supposed to be about keeping this cheer or not, and all of a sudden it turned into getting rid of us," he said.

He said the parent of another cheerleader suggested that Kennedy be removed from the team while the matter was being resolved, and another parent seconded the motion. Kennedy was then voted off the team, Mr Tesch said.

Well that's charmming...... I'm trying to figure out why they'd even have a meeting for this as obviously it's not something 6 year olds should be singing and dancing too..... there's a lot of freaks out there who'd take that sort of thing the wrong way.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
WTF!

Why are six year olds cheerleading anyways?

That did cross my mind as well.... but then, why does TLC have a show for dolling up your 3 and 4 year old daughters as some wannabe-sl*ts and acting like those competitions actually matter in the long run besides fulfilling some sick parent's dreams they never accomplished in their lives?

Ariadne

Council Member
Aug 7, 2006
That's the bigger question ... are 6 year olds preparing for a future as a college cheerleader? What happens if their bodies don't shape up the right way ... voted off the team?