Chile Mining Company getting sued.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
They are being sued for negligence in their safety procedure after repeated warnings and fines. Guess B.P. will be chortling over that- nothing like new news to take the "heat" off the old news.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
They moved too fast. They will end up getting nothing. I'll lay odds the company declares bankruptcy before the miners are rescued and says they can't finish the rescue effort now.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
They moved too fast. They will end up getting nothing. I'll lay odds the company declares bankruptcy before the miners are rescued and says they can't finish the rescue effort now.

That's about the best recipe I can think of for waking up dead. :lol::lol::lol:

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
They may have moved too fast but saying they'd leave those men to die is just shooting off your mouth-clueless beyond belief-are you drunk?

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
no, but you have definitely proven you're brain dead.
It's not a joking matter-unlike you I've actually worked underground-3200, 3400 and 3600 foot level of the Levack Mine in Sudbury/have family who still work underground-I have some small idea of the trauma those miners and their families are suffering from.

You OTOH have No Clue .

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It's not a joking matter-unlike you I've actually worked underground-3200, 3400 and 3600 foot level of the Levack Mine in Sudbury/have family who still work underground-I have some small idea of the trauma those miners and their families are suffering from.

You OTOH have No Clue .

The company has already proven they don't care about worker safety. They announce that they will probably declare bankruptcy right after being served. What makes you think they really care about getting those men out alive now?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
As a first aid attendant/safety person and former business owner I would like to see companies that have poor safety records fined out of existence. It makes it easier for conscientious ones to compete.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Rescue workers drilling down into the mine had almost given up hope of finding the miners alive when on Sunday they successfully drilled a narrow hole into an emergency shelter 2,300ft down where the men had gathered.
The familias will get nada.

All the miners are exactly where they should be, the emergency shelter. That means the safety system worked.