American War in Iraq to End on August 31

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
During the election campaign Obama said 16 months was the withdrawal time table. Unfortunately, he has defaulted on that promise to his great discredit. Keep that up and he might as well turn Republican.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Man, with you laughing your ass off all the time, it must be tiring to stitch it back on all the time.:lol:
?? Pneumatic brad nailer. :D

Oh, and BTW, Mach, I ain't a man, but don't tell anyone, k? It'll be our lil secret. ;)

ironsides

Executive Branch Member
Feb 13, 2009
United States
JOINT BASE BALAD, Iraq – Everything from helicopters to printer cartridges is being wrapped and stamped and shipped out of Iraq. U.S. military bases that once resembled small towns have transformed into a cross between giant post offices and Office Depots.
Soldiers who battled through insurgents and roadside bombs are now doing inventory and accounting. Their task: reverse over the course of months a U.S. military presence that built up over seven years of war.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100803/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_iraq_moving_out

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Obama cashed in all his chips of credibilty when his grandiose pledge of closing Gitmo within one year of his inauguration went up in smoke, as everyone with any common sense knew it would.

This petulant little boy whom the ignorant yahooes sent to do a man's job is failing worse and worse every day.

Could not happen to a nicer guy!

GreenFish66

House Member
Apr 16, 2008
www.myspace.com
It is about time we leave Iraq ...There are more pressing issues to deal with ...Obama has kept his word ..as well as his promises ...More so than any other president in the last decade , even longer...He is A great man and A good president on the right track ..Keep up the Good work Obama..

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
One of many wars to preserve Empire. So many lives squandered on every side. Are we any better off?
Nobody has benefited by war except the military/industrial complex and the media. We are even less safe than we were before this so called war on terrorism.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
One of many wars to preserve Empire. So many lives squandered on every side. Are we any better off?

Will you be sad when it's over?

It is about time we leave Iraq ...There are more pressing issues to deal with ...Obama has kept his word ..as well as his promises ...More so than any other president in the last decade , even longer...He is A great man and A good president on the right track ..Keep up the Good work Obama..

No he hasn't really. US Troops will be involved in Iraq beyond his first term so he actually hasn't.

What's going on with Gitmo? It's still open isn't it? See what I mean?

So which contractors will be staying and hiring dischargees who won't have jobs to come home to?

I heard the US has 86 contractors over there. Lots of work. Need a job? They aren't just hiring Yanks.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Will you be sad when it's over?

No he hasn't really. US Troops will be involved in Iraq beyond his first term so he actually hasn't.

What's going on with Gitmo? It's still open isn't it? See what I mean?

I heard the US has 86 contractors over there. Lots of work. Need a job? They aren't just hiring Yanks.
Iraq no. I'm waiting to go drill the snot out of A-Stan.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
''Obama cashed in all his chips of credibilty when his grandiose pledge of closing Gitmo within one year of his inauguration went up in smoke''

This notwithstanding the fact that so many Republicans refused to allow the Gitmo prisoners within their state borders. If those Republicans hadn't objected he would have gotten his wish.

The fact that it was Bush who opened that prison camp must have destroyed his credibility in your eyes I suppose.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
''Obama cashed in all his chips of credibilty when his grandiose pledge of closing Gitmo within one year of his inauguration went up in smoke''

This notwithstanding the fact that so many Republicans refused to allow the Gitmo prisoners within their state borders. If those Republicans hadn't objected he would have gotten his wish.

Hmmm...Democrat controlled Congress and Executive Office and you are still yapping about the GOP?

Why didn't the Democrats let them in their states like here in Mass? Amherst Mass has requested that the US Govt allow Detainees to live amongst them so they can love them and give them a home. The Govt refused.

FAILED

The fact that it was Bush who opened that prison camp must have destroyed his credibility in your eyes I suppose.

Wow. You are so boggled you are beyond even trying to make sense.

Face it, your man Obama lied. 20 months into his presidency and GITMO is still open for business and he has continued two wars which he swore to end.