Robo-Cop Remake scrapped!

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
'Robocop' remake cancelled

Darren Aronofsky's troubled Robocop reboot will never make it to the big screen - the project has been cancelled.
The Wrestler director had planned to remake the 1987 sci-fi film, which starred Peter Weller, but the project was put on hold earlier this year amid ongoing financial troubles at the MGM film studio.
The company was put up for sale in 2009 after falling heavily into debt and failure to secure the firm's future has disrupted production on a number of movie projects including the next Bond film and Lord Of The Rings prequel The Hobbit.
Now RoboCop has become the latest victim of the turmoil at MGM.
An industry source tells Moviehole.net, "(RoboCop is) gone. Kaput. Cancelled. It was one of the first casualties. (Aronofsky) has lost interest anyway, I believe. (I) think we're all just going to have to be happy with the three RoboCop movies that are out there".

awwww.. what will we ever do?? one less crappy remake to be released!

our lives will be forever ruined!! :p:lol:

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I would have gone to see it depending on the trailer.

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!"

I liked the first one and the second one was still pretty good.... the third one was total crap, but at the time of the first movie, I was 7 years old and ED-209 scared the living crap out of me....... then again, Cain in Robocop 2 scared the crap out of me even more.... the whole taking the brain out of his head and then him being the machine going around beating the crap out of everybody as brutally as he could..... good memories....

I imagine if it was remade today with today's graphics/special effects and a redesign of the story to fit todays day & age, it could have been pretty interesting.

Added:

By the way, shouldn't this be in the Entertainment section rather then the news?

Last edited:

ssteven

Time Out
Jul 26, 2010
Toronto
I think it spared us all another crappy remake, although I do enjoy the work of Aronofsky, I can't see another robocop as a great idea. Why not come up with original films?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
It would have been better if the original was cancelled, too.