Cruelty probe after parasailing donkey stunt

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Cruelty probe after parasailing donkey stunt - CTV News

MOSCOW — Authorities in Russia are opening an animal cruelty probe into a weekend stunt on a beach in southern Russia in which a donkey parasailed high over the surf.

Amateur video footage showed men attaching a parasail harness to the trembling mule. The English-language Kremlin news channel Russia Today reported that sunbathers were distressed at the sight of the flying donkey, which brayed in fear as it glided above the bay for half an hour.

Russia Today reported the donkey was shell-shocked but survived.

Reports said the donkey flight was a promotional stunt. Employees of a leisure firm in the village of Golubitskaya on the Azov Sea could face two years in prison if they are charged and convicted of animal cruelty.

8O Holy Flying Ass Batman!

That's just sick to be honest..... Hope they nab these guys, find them guilty and send them off to jail..... or better yet.... rather then sending them off to jail for two years, how about making them haul carts around like a donkey for two years?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
I wonder of a critter airlifted out of danger fears the danger or the flight?

Parasailing an ass is a bit out there though....

I think in most cases they usually blindfold the animal to keep them calm and ignorant on what's really going on.

Though I noticed in the movie 2012 that they didn't bother doing this..... yet another flaw for a very stupid and totally unrealistic movie.... but that's a different topic I suppose :p

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

That's just sick to be honest..... Hope they nab these guys, find them guilty and send them off to jail..... or better yet.... rather then sending them off to jail for two years, how about making them haul carts around like a donkey for two years?

Being as it would be Russion prison that they would be going to, they would probably prefer to haul carts like a donkey for that time!8O

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
It's apparent that some donkeys and mules are a bit brighter than some people.

Downhome_Woman

Electoral Member
Dec 2, 2008
Ontariariario

I can't even chuckle at this one or make some sort of gallows humour joke. All I can imagine is the terror of this animal and for what" A promotion for para-sailing? ****. - just, well ****...

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It was either the donkey or Baba's best milking cow. If you knew baba you'd stay away from the milking cow.

Fly Eyore! Fly free!