Dangerous new pesticide coming to the produce aisle

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
I know its doom n gloomish.....but puppy rescues and kitten rescues dont have the impact on our lives like this sh!t does.................

Dangerous new pesticide coming to the produce aisle

Think strawberries are expensive now? Wait until they start costing people their lives!
California is about to sign off on an insane plan that would allow farmers to use one of the world's most dangerous chemicals as a pesticide on strawberry plants.
It's called methyl iodide, and even some chemists won't go near it. It's such a powerful and reliable carcinogen that researchers use it to induce cancer in lab animals. But go ahead, take a bite. California says it's OK -- and never mind the five Nobel-winning chemists and dozens of other experts who've written a letter begging the EPA to keep this poison out of strawberry fields, forever.

Who do you believe -- a roomful of Nobel winners and their trusted colleagues, or a bunch of politically motivated bureaucrats?

YukonJack

Time Out
Dec 26, 2008
Winnipeg
Some of these chemicals have been declared carcinogens, because feeding a pound of them to mouse for several months caused cancer.

When I lived in the country and I was on a well, I took a sample to the provincial lab for analysis. The result indicated that I should be dead of E-coli, my well being next to my neighbour, who had a herd of dairy cattle.

You'd be surprised how much a healthy body can take.

Sometimes the "cure" is far worse than the "disease". DDT was banned becuse it MIGHT have caused cancer in some people. Malaria kills hundreds of thousands.

But what is more important than being politically correct??

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Then I guess that we wait for "BC Strawberries" to show up in our stores and farmers markets. They have better flavour anyway since they don't have to be picked so early. If we refuse to eat them, they'll take the chemical away really fast.