Hey! Sudz East just had an earthquake

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
CTV is reporting as I type that some damage has occurred in Quebec due to the quake. Apparently, reporters are on their way to a bridge that is down and some power poles were damaged.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
We must be using our "Earthquake Weapon"!

Remember Chavez said the US used an earthquake weapon on Haiti?

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
CTV is reporting as I type that some damage has occurred in Quebec due to the quake. Apparently, reporters are on their way to a bridge that is down and some power poles were damaged.
It was centered near ottawa a 5.5 quake

hermite

Not so newbie now
Nov 21, 2007
950 Snowupthearse Rd. Can
It shook my house. Windows, pictures, dishes all rattling. I thought at first it was a tornado, there was a very deep rumbling sound. But I've been in earthquakes before and I said, this is an earthquake. Yowza.

No damage here. Just, please, no aftershocks. I gotta sleep.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I don't know who was first but this is the 3rd thread on this one topic.

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
what the hell why is all the cool stuff happening in sudbury while im away

Lake Timiskaming is centered on a major rift valley that extends several hundred miles to the north-east called the Timiskaming Graben. It is the northern extension of the Ottawa-Bonnechere Graben, which is part of the Saint Lawrence rift system. There have been recent earthquakes along the rift valley, the most recent being in 2000. There are numerous faults in the area and has produced cliffs such as Devil's Rock, just 5 km (3 mi) south of Haileybury and is dated to be 2.2 billion years old. There are known kimberlite pipes within the rift valley that are considered to be diamondiferous.

Lake Timiskaming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia