$100 Million up for grabs in this week's Lotto Max

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
I only buy lottery tickets during draws like this.

This week could be the ticket for lucky Lotto Max players
By PHILIP LING, Canwest News Service June 13, 2010

Canadians drawn by the prospect of a life-altering Lotto Max win will have another week to try their luck, with a potential payout this week of nearly $100 million.
For the second week in a row, no one was able to match all seven numbers needed to claim the $50-million main prize Friday night.
The next Lotto Max jackpot on June 18 will remain at the maximum of $50 million, with 45 additional $1-million Maxmillions prizes to be had.
With $95 million up for grabs, the potential payout next week will be the largest-ever pool of lottery prize money offered in Canadian history, eclipsing Friday's $77-million Lotto Max draw. And because the estimated jackpot increases with the number of tickets sold, lottery officials say the number of $1-million draws could climb even higher.
On Friday, officials added an additional seven $1-million prizes to the 20 Maxmillions initially estimated going into the draw. Fifteen of the 27 Maxmillions prizes of $1 million were won.
Lotto Max rises to a maximum of $50 million, and any additional cash above that is awarded in $1-million prizes to lucky winners in separate draws. The odds of winning are pegged at one in 28.6 million per $5 play.

Chiliagon

Prime Minister
May 16, 2010
Spruce Grove, Alberta
I think you're a little confused on this.

the most you could win is 51 million.

cause there's no way in Hell that you'd get the same numbers 45 times.

you'll see somebody either win the 50 Million or just 1 Million.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
This is the 3rd week it's been at 50 million so I figure it's waiting for me to purchase the right ticket. I plan to win on Friday - big time. Then I'll never buy another lottery ticket.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
its too bad they put a cap. :(
I disagree. Why does anyone need even 50 million? Look at how many others get to win a million and share the day. I think it's great. I even hope that when I am there picking up my 50 mil, you are standing beside me picking up your 1 mil. ;-)

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I think you're a little confused on this.

the most you could win is 51 million.

cause there's no way in Hell that you'd get the same numbers 45 times.

you'll see somebody either win the 50 Million or just 1 Million.

He's right, he said $100 million up for grabs, nothing about a $100 million top prize.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I won $2.00 !!!!! W0o-H0o!!!! Got the last number on the "extra." I'm going
to have to call up a financial planner now. I've managed to avoid the media's
attention so far, & the relatives aren't coming out'a the woodwork yet, but....
I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the word of my windfall leaks out.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I won $2.00 !!!!! W0o-H0o!!!! Got the last number on the "extra." I'm going
to have to call up a financial planner now. I've managed to avoid the media's
attention so far, & the relatives aren't coming out'a the woodwork yet, but....
I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the word of my windfall leaks out.

You're busted! Canadain Content barbecue in Banff, Ron's treat! :D

Risus

Genius
May 24, 2006
Toronto
The odds of winning the max aren't as good as the old super 7, but I'll buy a ticket for this weekend.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
The odds of winning the max aren't as good as the old super 7, but I'll buy a ticket for this weekend.
Don't bother. Just continue to repeat this to yourself - "VanIsle is winning the 50 million, VanIsle is winning the 50 million." I'll take you all out to dinner!

BTW Ron - I won $20.00 last draw. Won a free ticket before that. 3 Times lucky!!!!! It's going to happen;-)

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Don't bother. Just continue to repeat this to yourself - "VanIsle is winning the 50 million, VanIsle is winning the 50 million." I'll take you all out to dinner!

BTW Ron - I won $20.00 last draw. Won a free ticket before that. 3 Times lucky!!!!! It's going to happen;-)
I just wanted to be sure that all of you are remembering to continue to think "VanIsle is going to win the 50 million dollars tonight. Keep repeating it over and over. Good positive thinking never hurt anyone!!!!!:p:lol:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007

And if you win, please don't forget that your pal shadowshiv has the ability to ban people.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Alas is me Shadow. I guess I didn't have any believers. Never won a dime! Not one thin dime. :-(

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
I won a free ticket.;-)
Good for you Shadow. At least this Friday you won't have to put out any "losing" money! Did you know that the odds of winning this lotto are 1 in 42 million people! 8O I think this should be a ticket with a stub so that a winner has to be drawn! However, even after saying all that - the prize is not up for grabs. It's still mine! I mean the 50 mil. The sub prizes - all of you can share. ;-):p

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
Good for you Shadow. At least this Friday you won't have to put out any "losing" money! Did you know that the odds of winning this lotto are 1 in 42 million people! 8O I think this should be a ticket with a stub so that a winner has to be drawn! However, even after saying all that - the prize is not up for grabs. It's still mine! I mean the 50 mil. The sub prizes - all of you can share. ;-):p

Well, I am still going to buy another ticket for myself, and then the 3-person ticket at work. My odds will go up a sliver by doing that.;):lol:

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Well, I am still going to buy another ticket for myself, and then the 3-person ticket at work. My odds will go up a sliver by doing that.;):lol:
So - I take it you need proof that the 50 mil is going to be mine! Well - here is the "money" part of my hororscope:

As soon as there is money to earn, you are there. Negotiations, transactions... money is coming your way! :p

Need I say more? :lol: