Helen Thomas fired, quits, retires

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
2 threads about this wacko? I don't think she deserves it.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
2 threads about this wacko? I don't think she deserves it.
Is there another thread on here about her, I missed it.

My apologies. I wouldn't have participated and simply reported the thread if I had known that.

Last edited:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Yeah. I remember someone posted a video with her saying something really nutty and I replied with "She's totally off her rails".
It's probably even the same video as Walter posted. I didn't look.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The old crone is 90 years old, maybe she deserves an award for being able to say anything.......................LOL

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
Yes that was a pretty insensitive statement. She might have had a point about first generation Jewish Israelis who ethnically cleansed Palestine of most of its non-Jewish population back in 1947-48. They should have returned to Europe, come to Canada, the US or elsewhere rather than starting the longest conflict in recent history and creating the world's biggest and most persistent refugee problem.

For second/third/fourth/fifth generation Jews born in Israel (the majority), Israel is without question their home.

BTW, the chances of Jews facing a holocaust in the future is far greater in Israel than anywhere else including Germany or Poland, where anti-Semiticism is a serious crime unlike Islamaphobia. Israel may have the upper hand at the moment, but in order for Jews to survive in what is today Israel, they cannot loose a single major battle. In order for them to face a holocaust like event, they need loose only one major battle and over time, that's inevitable.

Sooner or later Jewish Israelis will eventually get exactly what they've been giving to Palestinians for the past 60 years and it won't be pretty. When that day comes, I'd welcome all Israeli Jews not guilty of war crimes or crimes against humanity (the overwhelming majority) to Canada.

But her comments were insensitive and I don't support what she said.

Last edited:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yes that was a pretty insensitive statement. She might have had a point about first generation Jewish Israelis who ethnically cleansed Palestine of most of its non-Jewish population back in 1947-48, but for second/third/fourth/fifth generation Jews born in Israel, Israel is without question their home.

BTW, the chances of Jews facing a holocaust in the future is far greater in Israel than anywhere else including Germany or Poland, where anti-Semiticism is a serious crime unlike Islamaphobia. Israel may have the upper hand at the moment, but in order for them to survive in Israel, they cannot loose a single major battle. In order for them to face a holocaust like event, they need loose only once.

Sooner or later Jewish Israelis will eventually get exactly what they've been giving to Palestinians for the past 60 years and it won't be pretty. When that day comes, I'd welcome all Israeli Jews rnot guilty of commit war crimes or crimes against humanity (the overwhelming majority) to Canada.

I got news for you.

Germany had anti-hate laws in the 1920s.

Go figure.

Oh, and Israel has somewhere between 200 and 400 nukes. So far, they have been extremely responsible with them, not even threatening their use when they were in desperate trouble in the 1973 Yom Kippur War.

But the possible up-coming battle with Iran might well be a different story, especially if Turkey chooses to get involved.

Israel WILL exist....no matter what. Don't kid yourself..

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Germany had anti-hate laws in the 1920s.
Go figure.
That was their method for having a bunch of Citizen robots by the time 1935 rolled around. Patriotic law abiding citizens (ask no question) who believed their Government was not lying to them.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
That was their method for having a bunch of Citizen robots by the time 1935 rolled around. Patriotic law abiding citizens (ask no question) who believed their Government was not lying to them.
You should familiarize yourself with Igniter and what he wrote about how the Wiemar republic should have dealt with Hitler. It was in his Massey Lectures.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You should familiarize yourself with Igniter and what he wrote about how the Wiemar republic should have dealt with Hitler. It was in his Massey Lectures.
Thanks for making that optional, for just a sec I though ..... well doesn't matter now. If it can be applied to today's events please carry on as long as it is a short lesson.
Hitler could have been stopped by people making sure the Ukrainian mass starvation had not been allowed to be done with immunity from the surrounding Nations, most of whom took part in the same sort of actions in WWII.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Thanks for making that optional, for just a sec I though ..... well doesn't matter now. If it can be applied to today's events please carry on as long as it is a short lesson.
Hitler could have been stopped by people making sure the Ukrainian mass starvation had not been allowed to be done with immunity from the surrounding Nations, most of whom took part in the same sort of actions in WWII.

Have you ever listened to Ignatief's lecture before he became a stumbling dufus - The Massey Lectures along with his defined opinion on torture.

Now which countries could have stopped the Holodomor. Please name them, as I am lost as to which ones could have stopped this genocide.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Have you ever listened to Ignatief's lecture before he became a stumbling dufus - The Massey Lectures along with his defined opinion on torture.

Now which countries could have stopped the Holodomor. Please name them, as I am lost as to which ones could have stopped this genocide.

I heard that lecture. He was already a bootlicking ****head at the time.

Ya think?

Last edited by a moderator:

clutch

Time Out
Jan 23, 2010
Her brain is practically dust and even she is smart enough to see the wickedness and toxicity of Israel