Plummeting Marijuana Prices Create A Panic In Calif.

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Plummeting Marijuana Prices Create A Panic In Calif.

Thursday, 27 May 2010 08:18

'For decades, illegal marijuana cultivation has been an economic lifeblood for three counties in northern California known as the Emerald Triangle. The war on drugs and frequent raids by federal drug agents have helped support the local economy — keeping prices for street sales of pot high and keeping profits rich.
But high times are changing. Legal pot, under the guise of the California's medical marijuana laws, has spurred a rush of new competition. As a result, the wholesale price of pot grown in these areas is plunging.'
Read more: Plummeting Marijuana Prices Create A Panic In Calif

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Legalization is on the ballot for Nov. If this is troubling the CA economy it will hit Canada's closet industry hard too.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
While prices in California might drop what happens in places like Georgia or Tennessee?

My guess is that California growers will have to look for new markets/might suffer a bit of reduced income but panic?

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Marijuana is the illegal relative of cannabis. Cannabis is respectable. Pot heads will rule the world. An unprecedented period of peace and prosperity will ensue. I'm certain of it. Roll them tight find a light, rejoice. This is true green revolution.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
A friend of mine was telling me today that there is a glut of cannabis on the BC market right now and prices are diving. This in spite of grow-op busts going on all around our area. Quesnel, Lac La Hache, Willy's Puddle, etc. etc. If there are that many busts just around here, I have to wonder about other areas of the province, which begs the question of where all the pot now on the market, is coming from and just how many other ops are there.

Could be a good time to stock up. ;-);-)

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Around here, we have people from the GTA buying houses and turning them into grow ops. When they eventually get raided, the million dollar bust earns local cops big feathers and puffy chests and the house gets seized for proceeds. Who wants a mouldy house?