Eight Invented Diseases Big Pharma Is Banking On

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Eight Invented Diseases Big Pharma Is Banking On

Wednesday, 21 April 2010 08:58

'Since direct-to-consumer drug advertising debuted in 1997, pharma's credo has been When The Medication Is Ready, The Disease (and Patients) Will Appear. Who knew so many people suffered from restless legs?
But pharma's recent plan to move from mass-market molecules into more lucrative vaccines and biologics did not see the anti-vaxer movement coming: millions of Americans saying You Want to Vaccinate Me -- and My Child -- with WHAT?? and condemning vials of H1N1, rotavirus and MMR vaccines to sit, well, way past their expiration dates. Nor were fears of an international vaccine conspiracy helped by former CDC Director Julie Gerberding resurfacing as President of Merck Vaccines in December. (Nice revolving door if you can catch it.)
Now pharma is back to creating new diseases, patients, risks and "awareness campaigns" faster than you can say thimerosal (the vaccine preservative that started the backlash.)'
Read more: Eight Invented Diseases Big Pharma Is Banking On

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
This guy sure has a business going. Reporting fear and conspiracy is the biggest growing sector in the economy.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Weirdly, the LINK in the O.P. worked for me....

I'll post the LINK again here: 8 Invented Diseases Big Pharma Is Banking on | | AlterNet

...and list the 8 diseases....
1) SERM deficiency
2) Statin Deficiency
3) Circadian Dysrhythmia
4) Adult Autism, ADHD and Refusal to Play Nicey
5) Asthma That Requires "Two Drugs"
6) "Treatment Resistant" Conditions
7) Low T
8) "Spectrum" Disorders

Good Luck with the LINK.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Hey stretch, how does it feel to know you're part of a movement endangering the well being of others?

See the thread here:
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/hot-topics/91507-anti-vaccine-movement-endangers-west.html

As to the bunk you're peddling:
1) Osteoporosis, not invented. Very real. At least 30 known genes associated with the disease. The correlation with age has causative factors, as hormonal effectiveness/production decrease with age, and are involved directly in the pathways of bone resorption and formation.

2) Statin deficiency, not invented. It's an enzyme co-factor, which means when your bodies 2 grams of total statins are not being replenished (again, with age the replenishment goes down, didn't you ever wonder why we die, our bodies don't work efficiently forever...) that it's systems which maintain bodily function are becoming stressed.

Think of cholesterol problems which progress with age, that's statin deficiency for you...that's not to say that there aren't side effects. That's why patients need good health care, doctors, pharmacists, etc. to discuss these things with them.

3) Circadian dysrhythmia...this is actually ironic. Surely you've felt jet lag? Imagine those who fly all over the world for business, like many in the Pharmaceutical industry do. There's nothing invented about this, except to say that it wouldn't happen if we still lived, ate, hunted, slept, in the same place all day, for your whole life. We used to do that, when we chased down our food, and lived to be about 30 years old. Probably not going to win many folks with that one Stretch...

4) Adult autism...seriously? What's the issue? I know the anti-vax folk like to forget about better recognition of illness as a factor in the rise of autism, but this is getting ridiculous.

The rest is more of the same. It's retarding the progress we've made. Maybe you don't know anyone who dies of mumps, or measles, but it's folks like you Stretch that are helping to make that a reality once more in the wealthy West.

For shame.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
With about 47,000 diseases (and more showing up every day) why would Pharmacare invent more. I guess about half of what keeps the news business lucrative is there are lots of people who will believe any bullsh*t

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
Weirdly, the LINK in the O.P. worked for me....

I'll post the LINK again here: 8 Invented Diseases Big Pharma Is Banking on | | AlterNet

...and list the 8 diseases....
1) SERM deficiency
2) Statin Deficiency
3) Circadian Dysrhythmia
4) Adult Autism, ADHD and Refusal to Play Nicey
5) Asthma That Requires "Two Drugs"
6) "Treatment Resistant" Conditions
7) Low T
8) "Spectrum" Disorders

Good Luck with the LINK.

Its just a different mindset:cool:

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
roflmao
Stretch, you come up with the funniest nonsense sometimes. Thanks for the giggles.

AlterNet. Great. We have mainstream newsmedia editorialising stories as "news" and crackpot media editorialising stories as "news", too.
*Hums the tune to Monty Python's "Spin"..... er "Spam"* I mean. lmao

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Hey stretch, how does it feel to know you're part of a movement endangering the well being of others?

See the thread here:
http://forums.canadiancontent.net/hot-topics/91507-anti-vaccine-movement-endangers-west.html

As to the bunk you're peddling:
1) Osteoporosis, not invented. Very real. At least 30 known genes associated with the disease. The correlation with age has causative factors, as hormonal effectiveness/production decrease with age, and are involved directly in the pathways of bone resorption and formation.

2) Statin deficiency, not invented. It's an enzyme co-factor, which means when your bodies 2 grams of total statins are not being replenished (again, with age the replenishment goes down, didn't you ever wonder why we die, our bodies don't work efficiently forever...) that it's systems which maintain bodily function are becoming stressed.

Think of cholesterol problems which progress with age, that's statin deficiency for you...that's not to say that there aren't side effects. That's why patients need good health care, doctors, pharmacists, etc. to discuss these things with them.

3) Circadian dysrhythmia...this is actually ironic. Surely you've felt jet lag? Imagine those who fly all over the world for business, like many in the Pharmaceutical industry do. There's nothing invented about this, except to say that it wouldn't happen if we still lived, ate, hunted, slept, in the same place all day, for your whole life. We used to do that, when we chased down our food, and lived to be about 30 years old. Probably not going to win many folks with that one Stretch...

4) Adult autism...seriously? What's the issue? I know the anti-vax folk like to forget about better recognition of illness as a factor in the rise of autism, but this is getting ridiculous.

The rest is more of the same. It's retarding the progress we've made. Maybe you don't know anyone who dies of mumps, or measles, but it's folks like you Stretch that are helping to make that a reality once more in the wealthy West.

For shame.

mate, I'm just passing on info as I come across it....you do with it as you wish
as for the autism thingy..... I think you'll find Mennonites, Quakers and Armish have zero autism in their midst..........purely a coincidence, nothing t' worry about................

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
ok fine, where is The "official" clinical diagnosis"?

DEFINITION OF AD/HD:
AD/HD is a diagnosis applied to children and adults who consistently display certain characteristic behaviors over a period of time. The most common core features include:

• distractibility (poor sustained attention to tasks)
  • impulsivity (impaired impulse control and delay of gratification)
  • hyperactivity (excessive activity and physical restlessness)
nothing a good smack would've fixed....be honest.

think back to when you were in school...I'm 55, I remember talking in class, getting a whack with a steel rule up against the leg from a teacher coming up from behind......definite end to attention deficit disorder syndrome, not today tho'....I cant kick ya up the arse like ya deserve....but I can give mind altering substances as prescribed/required, by government..........go figer..........oh, and you'll need them for life

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
mate, I'm just passing on info as I come across it....you do with it as you wish
as for the autism thingy..... I think you'll find Mennonites, Quakers and Armish have zero autism in their midst..........purely a coincidence, nothing t' worry about................

Purely BS you mean.

Amish do indeed get autism. These groups also tend to visit doctors less, so the lower rates associated are more likely to be due to the infrequent medical attention.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
ok fine, where is The "official" clinical diagnosis"?

DEFINITION OF AD/HD:
AD/HD is a diagnosis applied to children and adults who consistently display certain characteristic behaviors over a period of time. The most common core features include:

• distractibility (poor sustained attention to tasks)
  • impulsivity (impaired impulse control and delay of gratification)
  • hyperactivity (excessive activity and physical restlessness)
nothing a good smack would've fixed....be honest.

think back to when you were in school...I'm 55, I remember talking in class, getting a whack with a steel rule up against the leg from a teacher coming up from behind......definite end to attention deficit disorder syndrome, not today tho'....I cant kick ya up the arse like ya deserve....but I can give mind altering substances as prescribed/required, by government..........go figer..........oh, and you'll need them for life

If you think problems are solved by wacking people then you need to increase your meds! :smile: