Which Veggie Burgers Were Made With a Neurotoxin?

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Which Veggie Burgers Were Made With a Neurotoxin?

Tuesday, 20 April 2010 06:41

'But after reading a recent investigation by the Cornucopia Institute, I'm going to be a lot more picky: The food and agriculture nonprofit found that most non-organic veggie burgers currently on the market are made with the chemical hexane, an EPA-registered air pollutant and neurotoxin.
In order to meet the demands of health-conscious consumers, manufacturers of soy-based fake meat like to make their products have as little fat as possible. The cheapest way to do this is by submerging soybeans in a bath of hexane to separate the oil from the protein. Says Cornucopia Institute senior researcher Charlotte Vallaeys, "If a non-organic product contains a soy protein isolate, soy protein concentrate, or texturized vegetable protein, you can be pretty sure it was made using soy beans that were made with hexane".'
Read more: Which Veggie Burgers Were Made With a Neurotoxin?

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
yeahp. thats all well than good........but I've "watched/read/followed Icke for over 25 yrs now........he's ****ing pretty much spot on with what he says....read his books and you'll see what he was writing 15 yrs ago is unfolding today......just a coincidence, nothing to worry about.......

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
yeahp. thats all well than good........but I've "watched/read/followed Icke for over 25 yrs now........he's ****ing pretty much spot on with what he says....read his books and you'll see what he was writing 15 yrs ago is unfolding today......just a coincidence, nothing to worry about.......
No thanks. I'm not into indoctrinating myself with vast amounts of conspiracy stuff. I have a nice life fairly resistant to the nasty things humans do on the planet and barring an accident, the best estimates say I should live another 60 years. I don't want to do that looking over my shoulder for monkeys.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
So, who has purchased these burgers and had them tested independently in a lab to determine the hexane content of the burgers?

That might be a little more credible than just ranting about the separation process. If the hexane-pentane solvents are eliminated during the process, then there isn't much of a problem. If not, well that's another story, but you have to show that.

Incidentally we use defatted soybean meal in aquaculture feeds as well, without damaging the salmonid nervous system. Hmm...food for thought.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Stretch, you are turning into an atheist Denis here you know. Wow. Just make sure you post which fried chicken has TCH, OK? :roll: