Wolf Foiled in Attack on Bob The Pug-Prince Rupert BC

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Pug survives Prince Rupert wolf attack

Wolf survives scuffle with angry new mother determined to get her dog back

Bob the Wonder Pug, survivor of a wolf attack in Prince Rupert.

When Bob the Wonder Pug was put out by his owners at dinnertime, he nearly became dinner for a wolf waiting in his Prince Rupert yard.

Seconds after owner Courtney Scott put her "furry son" out the door, her neighbours Norm and Colleen Hebert saw a large grey wolf carrying the pug into the front yard, settling in to kill it.

"Norm grabbed his hockey stick and ran through the screen door — he forgot to open the screen — he was swinging at the wolf and hit the wolf with the hockey stick, but he wouldn't drop the dog," Scott told The Vancouver Sun. "[The wolf] took off down the embankment between our houses and it's steep."

Norm came straight over to Scott's home shouting that Bob had been taken by the wolf.

Click Here for the rest of this gripping story of terror and heroism in the hinterlands!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Thank god Bob was ok. That was amazing luck that someone saw what was happening.

It makes one wonder how many times dogs have been taken from back yards and people think it was stolen (by humans) or that the dog somehow had escaped the back yard?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Happens all the time in BC-Coyotes are hell on pets here-city and country both.
Yup. We destroy their habitat and then get upset when they move into ours. Turn about is fair play. That dog was lucky, but that wolf is probably still around and someone else's pet is going to end up dinner.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Happens all the time in BC-Coyotes are hell on pets here-city and country both.

yes, I lost my cat this way. We moved from Van Island (no coyotes there) to the mainland. My cats no longer go outside for this very reason. Nor do my dogs go off leash while we hike.

I remember when the stories were going around about coyotes getting to familiar with humans (due to humans feeding them) and I watched a lady with her 4yr old boy holding out her hand to a "dog". When I pulled over, she looked over at me and says "I think that's a coyote" She didn't even know what she was holding her hand out to.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Wolves are all but invisible. I always knew if there was one around when I lived way out in the boonies. My dog would zoom around and through in near collision with tress most times ... unless there were wolves. Then, I couldn't stop without a cold, wet nose bumping my butt.